News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

INTELLIGREEN PRO SKY CADDIE UPGRADE
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:48:58 PM »
Watching the Cheetah...uhh... I mean Chevron Challenge I saw a commercial advertising The Intelli-green Pro. A new feature described as being able to give the player local knowledge about specific green features. Immediately I thought of poor Melvin and the conniption fit he'll have when he hears about this. I must say I love the way the man can rant.

But I digress... Is this even legal? Or, is local knowledge considered common knowledge? Shouldn't the golfer be called on to figure it out?

BTW, Sherwood appears to be maturing nicely away from it's almost Fantasy like presentation a few years back. News that some trees have been pruned and after watching Padraig, just now play that low bump off the side hill to recover on 17(?) from nether regions, showed a firmer mindset. Bravo!

P.s. Is Ian Poulter always so vocal? Whiney biatchie?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Steve Lang

Re: INTELLIGREEN PRO SKY CADDIE UPGRADE
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 07:12:07 PM »
 8) AC, You'd be bitchy too if your wardrobe was more impressive than your game.. and discussed on national tv..

you know.. Information regarding the distance between two objects is public information and not advice. It is therefore permissible for players to exchange information relating to the distance between two objects.  that's verbatim from Decision 8-1/2 Exchanging Distance Information..

.. so couldn't one ask vertical as well as horizontal distances and determine slopes?  many silly millimeter measurements would do the trick.. ::)
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Lou_Duran

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 11:18:05 AM »
Hardcopy course guides are legal, so why not a download to a handheld device?

I recently tried-out a Bushnell rangefinder that provided a slope-adjusted distance (gives both).  With GPS technology, how long before there is an application that shows a virtual line for putts on a handheld much like we see on television?   

Adam Clayman

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 12:17:16 PM »
At least with the range finder the golfer is still called upon to do a little thinking. Having the info on a hand held device takes away a fundamental aspect of the sport. Be it a hard copy or an actual caddie, the golfer still had to FIGURE IT OUT.

The argument (or is it marketing fodder?) that this somehow speeds up play is a bogus one. If it were true, the Sky Caddie has been around long enough where there'd be evidence of it.

For those in major markets... Does anybody sense they are playing faster?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Bill_McBride

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 04:00:58 PM »
That gurgling sound in the background is Melvyn expiring.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back