News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ryan Admussen

Female Architects?
« on: October 29, 2009, 07:25:48 PM »
Are there any out there? I've read a bit about Alice Dye, did she have a major role in the designing any of the courses?

Mark Pritchett

Jason McNamara

Re: Female Architects?
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 07:51:20 PM »

Mike Policano

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »
See Line Mortensen's profile. She hangs out in Gullane. http://www.linemortensen.com/profile.

Steve Burrows

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »
A woman I went to school with, Hattie Pavlechko, has been working for Tripp Davis for a few years now.  I don't think she has any individual courses to her credit (though I might be wrong), but she is young and has plenty of time to do a lot of work in the field.
...to admit my mistakes most frankly, or to say simply what I believe to be necessary for the defense of what I have written, without introducing the explanation of any new matter so as to avoid engaging myself in endless discussion from one topic to another.     
               -Rene Descartes

Dónal Ó Ceallaigh

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 05:27:00 AM »
Joanne O'Hair designed one of the abandonded courses at St. Patrick's in Donegal, but I don't think she works in the business. She was (or is) a club pro at Royal Co Down.

Dónal.

Dale Jackson

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 01:11:59 PM »
Pete Dye's niece, Cyingtonte Horse in Washnthia Dye McGarey designed White Horse in Washington state

http://www.whitehorsegolf.com/
I've seen an architecture, something new, that has been in my mind for years and I am glad to see a man with A.V. Macan's ability to bring it out. - Gene Sarazen

John_Conley

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »
Pete Dye's niece, Cyingtonte Horse in Washnthia Dye McGarey designed White Horse in Washington state

http://www.whitehorsegolf.com/

Her name is Cynthia Dye McGarey.  I'm not sure what you've got there, but I had trouble making sense of it.  It looks like you cut and pasted a few things together!

Dale Jackson

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 01:55:11 PM »

Her name is Cynthia Dye McGarey.  I'm not sure what you've got there, but I had trouble making sense of it.  It looks like you cut and pasted a few things together!

[/quote]

That is the product of 2 things.  First, an old computer that has been taken over by the forces form the Dark Side, and second, a failure to proof read before pushing "Post", which I will attribute to my mind (only temporarily, I hope) also being taken over by the Dark Side.

Thanks for catching my mistake.  Normally, I would edit my post but the mess is so over the top, I think I will leave it for all to see.
I've seen an architecture, something new, that has been in my mind for years and I am glad to see a man with A.V. Macan's ability to bring it out. - Gene Sarazen

michael damico

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 02:47:41 PM »
isn't Cynthia out in Denver with Perry?
"without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible"
                                                                -fz

Garland Bayley

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 04:46:20 PM »
Lyne Morrison from Oz posts here.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Neil_Crafter

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 05:40:20 PM »
yes, Lyne is based in Canberra.
There is also Kristine Kerr in New Zealand.

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2009, 06:45:17 PM »
Marion Hollins for her role in the development of Cypress Point and Pasatiempo.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back