News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Hindhead GC, Surrey
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:39:16 PM »
Hindhead GC in Surrey came up favorably in conversation today. Do any of our English lads know of it. Anyone played it? 

Mike_Clayton

Re: Hindhead GC, Surrey
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:59:32 PM »
David,

I played in in 1980 - and don't remember much except that it was a pretty decent course. Well worth a game I would have thought.

Paul Nash

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 04:34:57 AM »
David - it is a very nice heathland track. The front 9 plays mostly through two big valleys. I have only played it in the last 3-4 years since they cleared a lot of trees which has supposedly significantly improved the course. The back 9 is more conventional and flat heathland with a few slightly weaker holes in the middle (14-16) but, overall, still very good, with 17 and 18 a great finish. It is one of the most distinct/ different of the surrey/berks/hants heathland courses and well worth playing - i like it a lot, not as much as Hankley which is only about 3 miles away, but at least as much as the 3 W's. In fact, in this local area, you could add Liphook and Blackmoor to Hankley and Hindhead and have a great 4-course bash all within a 10-mile radius.
Cheers
Paul

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 06:34:01 AM »
I agree entirely with Paul. Nice to see Blackmoor and Liphook get a mention - two favourites - and, of course Hankley. I also like West Surrey at Milford.

Gareth Williams

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2009, 07:52:58 AM »
Would agree with everything Paul just said.

In the same area North Hants is worth a look too - but Hankley is the best course in that area of Surrey/Hampshire.

Scott Warren

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:56:41 AM »
I had to miss a game at Hindhead this coming Friday with Robin Hiseman because of a trip I'm taking, but as one interested to hear about it, I hope Robin might add some of his thoughts after his round.

Robin_Hiseman

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
Scott

I never got there...and it was a gorgeous day too :'(

Home life got in the way on my day off.  C'est la vie!
2024: Royal St. David's; Mill Ride; Milford; Jameson Links, Druids Glen, Royal Dublin, Portmarnock, Old Head, Addington, Parkstone, Denham, Thurlestone, Dartmouth

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back