News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joel Zuckerman

In honor of Halloween--Scary Golf Shots
« on: October 28, 2009, 08:05:03 PM »
This can be one of two categories---either a specific shot on a specific course, OR--a generic shot you'll find on most any course.

Let me offer personal examples of both:

1--Trying to extricate a ball from the 20--foot--deep bunker to the left of the green at the par-5 16th hole at PGA West--Stadium Course in Palm Springs.

2--Having a greenside bunker shot when there is water lurking on the other side of the green...Skulled or thin shot = wet ball + penalty stroke.

What say you?

JC Jones

Re: In honor of Halloween--Scary Golf Shots
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
tee shot on #9 at Kingsley.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Ben Sims

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 08:17:43 PM »
tee shot on #9 at Kingsley.

Not for my man Wyatt Halliday it isn't.  Hoo aaahh!!

Ron Csigo

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 08:27:29 PM »
The 18th at TPC Sawgrass.  Which shot is scarier, the tee shot or your second shot to the green?   
Playing and Admiring the Great Golf Courses of the World.

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »
A 4 foot putt to 1/2 the match on #18! Extra scary!

J_ Crisham

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »
The scariest shot in Chicago has to be the approach shot into #10 at Butler National.  It's a hybrid at least, to an elevated green over a very wide creek. Don't see many 3's here.      Jack

Matt_Ward

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2009, 08:55:25 PM »
The tee shot at the 8th hole at Wolf Creek (Mesquite, NV) -- especially from the tips with a prevailing south wind into your face.

Peter Ferlicca

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 10:01:40 PM »
Here are two of the toughest par three I have played in golf

The 11th at Summit Course at Cordillera
This is a whopping 275 yards par 3 with no room to miss, you better hit a dead straight driver or three wood.

The 13th at Wolf Run GC
This hole is around 245 yards from the tips to a very shallow green that is fronted by deep bunkers and then has a 10 foot dropoff behind the green, you have to hit a towering cut with you three wood

R.S._Barker

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 10:22:26 PM »
Here are two of the toughest par three I have played in golf

The 11th at Summit Course at Cordillera
This is a whopping 275 yards par 3 with no room to miss, you better hit a dead straight driver or three wood.

Outstanding!! When I read the title I instantly thought of the exact same hole.

The preparation phase went like this:

Last to hit on tee due to double bogey on previous hole - so I watched and *sighed* deeply as my 3 fellow comrades each wound up short in the bunkers you see fronting the green.

Visually - and as a slicer - I aimed for the point on the very left edge of the green right where that lighter green mow line is, hoping beyond all hope that the ball would slice right hit the hillock slope on the right side and come back down onto the green (It was more the thought of - please be playable). That was the only shot I could muster/visualize at all - and it was a fleeting thought for sure.

I had sweat rolling down my hands prior to this shot and wiped my right twice before addressing the ball.

Swing smooth was my first thought then the second was what if I hit straight. Backed off, dropped all thoughts and "swing smooth" again".

Result:

Ball arced lazily towards that spot then started slicing and hit somewhere on the hill on line with the deep and tall rough "clump" you see on the right side. Took one serious hop left and trickled down onto the green. My eyes are bad - and then Paul - a lifelong friend of mine yelled those fabled words "You $^&%*&!!"..your on!"

For one split second I thought I'd aced it. Wound up 2 feet away and I missed the putt!

Thanks for helping me relive one of my favorite victories in golf.

With respect,

R.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back