News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Frank M

Philadelphia one course only New
« on: October 07, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »
I am making the trip to Philadelphia, but will be there a very limited time. I will have time for one round only, and I'm not sure where to play. I'm looking at courses like Inniscrone, Pine Hill, Glen Mills, Scotland Run, Bulle Rock etc.

What would you suggest?

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 03, 2024, 07:19:35 PM by Frank M »

Mark McKeever

Re: Philadelphia one course only
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 01:00:02 PM »
Frank,

If you can get one round in at a public course in the area, I would try to take a trip out Route 1 to Glen Mills.  It is a great layout on an even greater piece of land.  It has a good mix of open and tree lined holes and requires all the clubs in your bag.  Its not very far outside of Philadelphia either.

Mark
Best MGA showers - Bayonne

"Dude, he's a total d***"

Joe Bausch

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 01:16:42 PM »
Frank, check out my 'philly golf' web page for some discussion and lots of photos on pretty much all the courses you've listed or will likely have recommended to you.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

mike_malone

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 03:12:45 PM »
 Frank,

1 GM  2 SR  3 Twisted Dune 

GM--very interesting terrain -----SR--very interesting use of a sand quarry----TD---very interesting recreation of links in NJ.
AKA Mayday

JeffTodd

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 03:25:19 PM »
I'll go ahead and nominate Glen Mills as well. It's a solid course start to finish with, in my opinion, only one weak (bad) hole in the mix (#11). Aside from that, it's a beautiful place and a true feel good story that is worth experiencing.

Wade Whitehead

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 04:04:35 PM »
Glen Mills is a treat.

WW

mark chalfant

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 06:05:23 PM »
I had a great day last year at Glen Millls with Mike Malone.. Besides the good company,  it is a very artistic and challenging course. I found Glen  Mills  to be more interesting than Stonewall Old.

JSlonis

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 06:29:06 PM »
Frank,

What date will you be in Philly?

Kenny Baer

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 11:10:57 PM »
I was in Philly a couple of weeks ago and played both courses at Stonewall (they were awesome) and GM.  I enjoyed GM but if I was to go back tomorrow I would play French Creek right next to Stonewall; it looked fantastic from the road and is on the same terrain as both courses at Stonewall.

In all honesty I was a little disappointed with GM; it had some holes that I thought were on the not so good to almost bad side.  #11 is the narrowest golf hole I have ever seen; it would be to narrow if it was under 300 yds, at close to 400 yds it is just silly.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back