News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

James Edwards

ANNANDALE GC, Pasadena
« on: October 04, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »
Hoping you're all well.  Haven't been on here for absolutely AGES!  Well, since the site changed its look.  Well done Ran!
Glad to see there are still plenty of the 'same' faces... well done men... ;-)

Anyway.. ANNANDALE GC... I will be visiting there on the 27th October as I see its a 1906 course renovated by Mr. Silva.
My other half works for Virgin Atlantic and we will be in Pasadena for two days, afternoon of 26th, All-day 27th and leaving afternoon 28th.  If any of you live around the area, Im going to take a look at the course on the morning of the 27th.  If not, be good to hear from you with regards to great holes and specific things to see around the course.

James

P.S.  Im starting my own Golf Course Architecture Company as we speak after 10 years of being with a local company, so hoping to see some of you out there.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:36:35 PM by James Edwards »
@EDI__ADI

Alex Miller

Re: ANNANDALE GC, Pasadena
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 03:55:12 PM »
James,

I played in an Am qualifier there last year. Won't be in the area but I liked much of the course. From what I heard they did a great job with the redesign. The 5th 6th and 7th are a great trio of holes, all affected considerably by the redesign. I think 6 used to be a short par 5 but now its one of the toughest par 4s Ive ever played. 7 might be my favorite hole on the course. It's a dogleg right downhill with the general slope to the left. The green is also a reverse Redan that is impossible to put the ball on the right side given the conditions. Also something to look at is the 8th green. It's crammed into a corner of the property and some of the side slopes and backboard is ridiculous! Imagine a back right pin (that's where they had it in the qualifier). As for the backnine, holes 13 and 14 are pretty cool. 13 is just a well set up risk reward par 5 and 14 goes up through a valley to another greensite redo that gave the hole alot of character.

Enjoy your stay in sunny L.A.!

James Edwards

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 04:21:14 PM »
Alex... Thank you for this analysis... but,
you cant give me all this detail and not tell us all what you scored in the Am Qualifier?? ;-)
@EDI__ADI

Alex Miller

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »
Not my best day. 76-79 I think, but that was only 5 shots out of the cut. The course played very difficult and conditions were not too bad for scoring either. Also forgot to mention 17, good little drivable par 4.   :)

Jon Spaulding

Re: ANNANDALE GC, Pasadena New
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
James, I put up a thread on this some time ago. It's a very good golf course.

http://golfclubatlas.com/forum/index.php/topic,35596.0/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:47:26 PM by Jon Spaulding »
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back