News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Hancock

Re: Where do you compromise on gca?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2009, 02:17:48 PM »
Ken,
You're now officially the GCA.com poster boy for 2010 :)

Boy that doesn't sound good..... ;)

I wouldn't show up for the photo shoot in anything less than boxers and a t shirt if I were you......

:P
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Ken Fry

Re: Where do you compromise on gca?
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »

In answer to Ken, I wish you well on the "enticing girls to play."  I have one son and three daughters and, though they play at the game, they have never taken to it.  That's great.  I much prefer learning about their self-discovered interests than something handed down from Dad.  I do hope that your girls take to it, so that you and they have something else beloved to share.

Ronald,

I have a unique situation with my girls.  Their mom is a very talented golfer.  My wife's Dad is a Lifetime PGA Master Professional, 40 year club pro, a college coach for 15 years and a member of the Indiana Golf Hall of Fame.  My wife was also a college coach for 4 years.  She and I enjoy playing whenever possible.  She's unique because she wants to play, not just enjoy pretty flowers (sorry, sexist comment).

Because we have a "golfing family," we were always careful not to ram golf down our girls throats.  We take them out and instruct them but don't push from there.  They now ask us to go hit balls or play a few holes.  It's a nice situation.  None of them, even the oldest, is ready to play more than 4 holes, but it's their choice now.

I enjoy walking when I play and believe it's still the best way to learn to play.  Unfortunately, the course I gave a little rant about above can't be walked easily.  It's a housing development course therefore greens to following tees can be anywhere from 30 yards to 800 yards (no joke).  I just don't like most of my girls' playing experiences occurring in a cart.

Ken

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back