News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Guess the mystery Course -
« on: September 02, 2009, 05:08:08 PM »
I wanted to post a few pics of a mystery course and see if the treehouse can guess the where and by whom.  After that I'll post up a few more pics and do an informal review.

Enjoy!!

Phil McDade

Re: Guess the mystery Course -
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:02:32 PM »
West of the Mississippi? ;D

Mike Hendren

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:11:49 PM »
Judging by this bunker's style and location, I'll go with Askernish. ;)

I know - I'm easily amused.  I look forward to seeing more in all seriousness.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Kalen Braley

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
Phil,

Indeed west of the Mississippi...or east of it depending on which direction you go!!   ;D

Michael,

You naughty naughty boy. I know you're on edge with college football and everything starting up so I'l cut you some slack!!  ;)

Mike Hendren

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 07:55:10 PM »
Kalen, thanks for the slack.  I'm really intrigued by this  photograph and am guessing/hoping that one can sling a fade into this green by carrying the embankment and having the ball pitch forward and to the right onto the putting surface, thereby avoiding a fornting bunker?  If so, way cool.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Sean Leary

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
Idaho Club?

Andy Troeger

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 08:26:55 PM »
Sean,
Well done. I think Kalen thought he'd manage to get a little further along before he had to post the rest of the photos  ;D

Mike,
The hole does a pretty good job of doing what you describe. I've got the photo somewhere but I'll let Kalen post the one from the fairway view. Its an intimidating look.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »
Bogey,

Right you are indeed...its a par 5 looking from behind the green back to the fairway.  The view from the front is even better but I was intentionally saving that for the review.

Sean right you are...spoiler!!   >:(   ;D

As Andy says I'll be posting some more pics with hole numbers..but 1st finishing work for today calls.  Hopefully I'll get the rest of the pictures up later tonight.  If not you'll have to wait till tommorow!  8)

Chris Flamion

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:25 PM »
I have no idea what course that is, but that 3rd picture of the severe uphill approach does show off a beautiful approach.

I ran into one of those this past summer and it was easily my favorite shot on the course, not knowing how deep the green is or where the contours were was such a treat.  Too bad I bladed a wedge into the hill and it hopped up and rolled over the green, decent enough result but none of the drama.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 10:35:25 AM »

Jim Franklin

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 10:39:54 AM »
Mr Hurricane

David Stamm

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »
I wanted to post a few pics of a mystery course and see if the treehouse can guess the where and by whom.  After that I'll post up a few more pics and do an informal review.

Makes sense after seeing this greensite. It looks like one from Dove Mountain here.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Kalen Braley

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 10:43:35 AM »

Can I quote you? ;D

I was testing out a new picture size so the new photos will show up better....Smartass!!   ;D

P.S.  Don't worry I got an ass shot of you coming...although its a one of the tamer ones by GCA.com standards!!   ;)

P.P.S.  I'll soon have a new official thread up for Idaho Club with 20 or so pics to oogle over!!

Jim Franklin

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 10:44:54 AM »
I can't wait. Is the screen big enough? Make sure you resize it properly. ;)
Mr Hurricane

Sean Leary

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 11:03:33 AM »
So this was built over another course? New routing?

What is the target market for this club? One thing I will say about Black Rock is that it seems to fit the family as a place to play, even though it isn't easy.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
So this was built over another course? New routing?

What is the target market for this club? One thing I will say about Black Rock is that it seems to fit the family as a place to play, even though it isn't easy.

Sean,

While the questions about the course will be answered in the review, I'm guessing the target demographic will be families/retirees as the cost of living locally is cheap and the area is amazing, especially in the mild summers.  But it could also attract some real players as I found the course more difficult than Black Rock or anything else I've played in the Pacific Northwest for that matter.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »
I can't wait. Is the screen big enough? Make sure you resize it properly. ;)

Yes yes yes, its all under control.  How does your wife put up with you...a few days on the road was enough for me!!   :P  ;)

Garland Bayley

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2009, 12:24:42 PM »
...I found the course more difficult than Black Rock or anything else I've played in the Pacific Northwest for that matter.

With the way you spray it off the tee, anything with trees will give you a problem. I was kind to you and gave you your best chance by playing you at Wine Valley.

B Bird
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Adam Clayman

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »
Nice of you two to continue perpetuating myths.

Difficulty = quality
+
Trees stop balls from going farther astray, making it easier for the errant.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Garland Bayley

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 12:52:27 PM »
Anyone care to interpret what Adam wrote to the reading comprehension challenged amongst us?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Adam Clayman

Re: Guess the mystery Course - New
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »

With the way you spray it off the tee, anything with trees will give you a problem.

B Bird

I'll admit that kalens difficulty comment may have been a statement of fact. Not the the way I originally inferred the quote to mean it was a good thing.
 Plus, things are awfully dull around here lately. Just thought i'd spice things up with you butt brothers.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 12:58:49 PM by Adam Clayman »
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back