News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Buie

Lush Conditions at Gleneagles
« on: August 27, 2009, 01:48:36 PM »
I just caught a few minutes of the current tournament at Gleneagles.  It had that wall-to-wall lush green American look about it.  The pros were handily backing up their approach shots as well.  Not exactly the firm and fast ethos that I associate with Scotland.
I was just curious what this panel thought about this.

Padraig Dooley

Re: Lush Conditions at Gleneagles
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
Chris

It was the wettest july on record in Ireland, hasn't stopped raining in august, would imagine that some of it managed to get to Scotland. Can't beat Mother Nature.

There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Chris Buie

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »
The conditions at Turnberry a month ago were very firm and fast.  Alas, a little too firm for Watson's 8-iron into the 72nd green.   :(
Another solid month of rain would of course soften the course up and make it quite green.  Still, what I saw of Gleneagles today struck me as being a little out of character.

David_Tepper

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 06:07:19 PM »
Chris -

Being well inland, Gleneagles is not a seaside course built on linksland. It is a little unrealistic to expect the courses at Gleneagles to drain as well and play as firm & fast as courses built on sand-based soil.

DT

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back