News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

SE Ireland - Euro Club, Arklow or Rosslare?
« on: July 06, 2009, 05:02:28 PM »
A mate has just joined Druids Heath and has a free double for Druids Glen, so I'm going to head over one weekend soon to visit him and play both tracks.

If I had the chance to play a third course, should I go with The European Club, Rosslare or Arklow? The price is a factor, as the Euro Club is €180, Rosslare is €50 and Arklow is only €40.

Tony_Muldoon

Re: SE Ireland - Euro Club, Arklow or Rosslare?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 05:15:25 PM »
Its tough being Scott!

TEC is one of those places you should see if you want to see a bit of everything - but I didn't love it.

I did a thread on The Rolling Greens of Arklow last August/September and for 40E it's a good punt.  They are improving it and it has some of the most fun new greens I've seen.  In August they have an open week where the golf is even cheaper, the welcome friendly and the Craic is great.  Was in the clubhouse when Padraig went  all funny eyed and won the PGA there, much to the annoyance of a rather 'emotional' and loud Irishman who had placed a big bet on Curtiss.

Have only seen Rosslare from the clubhouse but I've heard some nice things. It seems to be on the flattest land of the 3.  It’s also another hour and a bit further south - unless you are taking the ferry of course.

Don't forget the really great Golf in Dublin is actually quite close to the airport. Portmarnock and The Island would be the choices.

Enjoy
Let's make GCA grate again!

Scott Warren

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 03:31:16 AM »
Cheers Tony, and I do admit I find it hard to handle my life at times, but I do the best I can! ;D

Arklow is sounding good.

I did think of the Dublin links, but my mate is in Wicklow, so I would rather keep it local so we can stay off the roads and in the pubs after the games!

And with Buda coming a fortnight later, it's probably wise to save the extra cash!

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:01:15 AM »
I'd be particularly interested to see what you've got to say about Druid's Glen and Druid's Heath...

As for the others, The European should be played most definitely. You should try and sort out a cheaper deal than that though. Tell Ruddy that you are doing a golf tour of his courses... maybe he will oblige

Scott Warren

Re: SE Ireland - Euro Club, Arklow or Rosslare? New
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:48 AM »
EDIT - ignore, it was 199 for Arlow + both Druids, not 190 for Euro + both Druids.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:11:30 AM by Scott Warren »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back