News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Eric Smith

Re: Know this course?
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »
Anthony,

I think it is DDGC   ;D

MP

Mark,

I wish we could have golfed last weekend :(.

Anthony

I'll second that...

Anthony Gray

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 09:41:27 PM »

Eric,

Thanks for the pics. That course looks good enough to eat.

Anthony

Mark Pritchett

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 09:42:55 PM »
I hope we can all make the trip to Costa Rica, the good thing is we shouldn't get snowed out!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 09:44:52 PM »

IN

Eric Smith

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 09:57:58 PM »
I hope we can all make the trip to Costa Rica, the good thing is we shouldn't get snowed out!

I oftentimes think of our group that day at Holston as a modern day 'The Breakfast Club'. 

I'll try not to schedule during hurricane season Mark!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 10:00:00 PM »

I oftentimes think of our group that day at Holston as a modern day 'The Breakfast Club'. 

I'll try not to schedule during hurricane season Mark!

"Don't you forget about me"

Eric Smith

Re: Know this course? Hacienda Pinilla (Mike Young)
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 10:04:11 PM »

"Don't you forget about me"

How could I? I have your golf balls all over my kids playroom.  Thanks btw.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:26:48 PM by Eric Smith »

Bill_McBride

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2009, 10:08:42 PM »
Eric ----- huh??  Maybe if you turn it 90 o  so the bunker is in front and raise the back of the green 10 feet!  ;D

Mike C had some problems there?

Oh man it was so funny.  Mike hit his tee shot into that deep front bunker there at 17 Longshadow. The rest of us were on the green, you couldn't see him down in there from the putting surface. We're waiting for a ball to appear, waiting...waiting...then here comes a sand wedge flying out of there up into the sky, landing on the collar. Never saw a ball.  A moment or two later Mike trudges up onto the green, grabs his wedge and walks on over to the 18th.  We weren't laughing then, but man I know he was pissed.  He went on to win 18 and beat me 1 up, so he had the last laugh.  A good guy. I don't think he posts anymore on here.

Mike was 86 for some infraction but not sure what.  Perhaps he could apply for reinstatement.  What the hell, Flemma's back!

Adam Russell

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 10:47:55 PM »

Adam above nailed it.  He's at the Univ. of Georgia isn't he? Good job Adam!

This is the first time I've had any clue on one of these things. I wasn't sure until I saw the picture with the waste bunker. It was something about the way the transition area ribboned and angled like Longshadow. Bunker faces were similar too. BTW Eric, I DID go to The University of Georgia. I am now a proud graduate of the red and black in search of a job...
The only way that I could figure they could improve upon Coca-Cola, one of life's most delightful elixirs, which studies prove will heal the sick and occasionally raise the dead, is to put rum or bourbon in it.” -Lewis Grizzard

Eric Smith

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 10:09:46 AM »

This is the first time I've had any clue on one of these things. I wasn't sure until I saw the picture with the waste bunker. It was something about the way the transition area ribboned and angled like Longshadow. Bunker faces were similar too. BTW Eric, I DID go to The University of Georgia. I am now a proud graduate of the red and black in search of a job...

Adam,

The bunker faces in these pics remind me of Longshadow as well. Visually intimidating and very memorable.

Congrats btw on your graduation.  Been out to Longshadow recently?  I'm going to try to get back down there next month.  If you're around, maybe we can play.

Anthony Gray

« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 10:17:50 AM »

Eric,

Are those greens the bermuda/sinsemillia hybrid that can be watered with ocean water?

Anthony

Anthony Gray

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 10:46:34 AM »

The 45 minute drive from the airport is that by resort pick up or do you have to rent your own vehickle?

Anthony

BCrosby

« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:18 AM »
Mike's Hacienda Pinella is very, very good. It is worth travelling to play, especially given its magnificant setting.

I have not seen the new par 3 green for the 13th(?), which I understand was moved closer to the ocean in the last couple of years.

Bob

Mike_Young

« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 11:17:01 AM »
I just saw this thread.....I did n't know those pictures existed.....

oh well....yep if you guys want to go down that way....let me know as I told Eric....but no slapdicks or spankers  are allowed...ok?
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Anthony Gray

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
I just saw this thread.....I did n't know those pictures existed.....

oh well....yep if you guys want to go down that way....let me know as I told Eric....but no slapdicks or spankers  are allowed...ok?

OUT

Anthony

Eric Smith

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
Mike:

I noticed in the listing of the many fine rental homes on the Hacienda website that all of them are named in spanish except one named....Georgia Peach.  Is that for you or is the developer from Georgia as well?

I'm working the phones and emails this morning and last night trying to get a group to go down there.  Thanks again for your offer. 

Anyone want to go with?!

Anthony Gray

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »
Mike:

I noticed in the listing of the many fine rental homes on the Hacienda website that all of them are named in spanish except one named....Georgia Peach.  Is that for you or is the developer from Georgia as well?

I'm working the phones and emails this morning and last night trying to get a group to go down there.  Thanks again for your offer. 

Anyone want to go with?!

Eric,

Book me at Guevo de Burro please. It looks like the pool overlooks the ocean.

Thanks friend,

Anthony

John Mayhugh

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 12:48:57 PM »
Anyone want to go with?!

Winter, possibly.  Fall, no chance for me.

Considering I have loved 100% of the Mike Young courses I've played, would obviously like to see this one.  

Bill_McBride

« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:14 PM »
Winter also a possibility.  Is Mike going as tour guide?

Eric Smith

« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2009, 02:05:57 PM »
Is Mike going as tour guide?

I believe he's willing to take a chance on us if the timing is right! ;D

Lynn_Shackelford

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2009, 12:53:39 AM »
Bringing this back up because, an old golfing friend and I are planning a fun golf trip to Hacienda Pinilla and staying in nearby Tamarindo.
Please check out our itinerary here and let me know if you are interested or have any questions.  Thanks.

It must be kept in mind that the elusive charm of the game suffers as soon as any successful method of standardization is allowed to creep in.  A golf course should never pretend to be, nor is intended to be, an infallible tribunal.
               Tom Simpson

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back