News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Warren

Wentworth West greens being torn up
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:51:37 AM »
I understand it is common knowledge that Wentworth was tearing the greens of the West course up and replacing them, but I got some cool pics of the process from a bloke named Gareth Williams who was on site this week while they did it and I thought some of you might be interested in.

It appears they have excavated a fair bit of the soil, judging by the second pic of the 7th green.

7th green

9th green

10th hole

Alister Matheson

Re: Wentworth West greens being torn up
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »
They should be selling all that turf on ebay !    :)
Cruden Bay Links Maintenance Blog

http://crudenbaylinks.blogspot.com/

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
They should be selling all that turf on ebay !    :)
Ally- You are right, maybe there was an even bigger market. I redid 4 greens about 10 years back on a local course and we sold the turf, we got £1 per sq yard. Although the greens were mainly poa at Wentworth, clubs that perhaps are redoing a green could consider using turf already prepared at say 6mm, it would closely marry their existing. I am suprised a Rolawn or some company could not do a deal.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Scott Warren

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 10:08:25 AM »
Not eBay, but the grass it being sold -proceeds to charity

Rich Goodale

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 02:49:28 PM »
Great idea, Scott.  Laid down under the bridges in London the turf would provide a comfy place for the homeless to spend their summer evenings.  I'll bet they won't grumble about it being poa annua.....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back