News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_ Shaffer

Robb Report's Best of the Best 2009
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:36:41 PM »
ITET (In these economic times) the Robb Report persists. Every June, Robb Report publishes its annual "Best of the Best" special issue, which represents the culmination of an entire year's search for excellence in every aspect of the luxury lifestyle.Here are 5 courses from around the world that stand out:

http://www.robbreport.com/Best-of-the-Best/BestoftheBestlist.aspx?vid=116
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 03:42:18 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Garland Bayley

Re: Robb Report's Best of the Best 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:26 PM »
Greg Norman? Tetherow? This Robb character must be a hack! ;)
I can't wait until Melvyn chimes in about the Castle Course, and we aren't talking Castle Stuart here.
 :)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jaeger Kovich

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:16:15 PM »
My favorite quote from the Castle Course write up: "Throughout his layout, Kidd (whose father was a longtime golf course director at Gleneagles in Scotland) places a premium on local knowledge."

... if only the locals could afford to play this course enough. (I might assume they are talking about the caddies)

Rob Rigg

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 12:37:30 AM »
Local knowledge would probably recall that the land the Castle course was built on may have been sloped but was totally featureless from years of farming, with a large crap filter plant in the middle.

I think these guys looked at the Links or Golf magazine "best of" and photocopied it and then severely decontented.

It's still sad that Kidd cannot get away from all of the side quotes about his dad - I figured he was past that after Bandon Dunes.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back