News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

British Aerial 20
« on: December 28, 2008, 06:24:49 AM »
So the theme is not 36-hole clubs.

This has been rotated more than 90 degrees.

Tom_Doak

Re: British Aerial 20
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:16:46 AM »
If it's the course I think it is, I did not remember that it was so close to the sea.  Mark, is north to the left of the photo?

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
Tom, It's a links, but that doesn't mean that it is exactly next to the sea. This has been spun more than 90 degrees to the left. Mark.

James Boon

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »
I think I know it but don't want to spoil it yet for others. North to the left is the big clue which narrows it down when thinking about the English Coastal resorts. I'm not into race horseing myself, any ideas why so many race courses have golf courses within them in this country?

Cheers,

James
2023 Highlights: Hollinwell (Notts), Brora, Aberdovey, Royal St Davids, Woodhall Spa, Broadstone, Parkstone, Cleeve, Painswick, Minchinhampton, Hoylake

"It celebrates the unadulterated pleasure of being in a dialogue with nature while knocking a ball round on foot." Richard Pennell

Tom_Doak

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 11:21:08 PM »
I thought it must be Northumberland, but it's been 26 years since I have been there and I honestly don't remember the layout much at all.

Steve Lang

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 11:30:08 PM »
 8) Steeplechase golf design?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Adrian_Stiff

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 05:14:06 AM »
Yarmouth & Caister came to my mind.
A combination of whats good for golf and good for turf.
The Players Club, Cumberwell Park, The Kendleshire, Oake Manor, Dainton Park, Forest Hills, Erlestoke, St Cleres.
www.theplayersgolfclub.com

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 05:28:53 AM »
Yes, Great Yarmouth and Caister, which is reputed to be the home of Bogey. Northumberland is also laid out in and out of a race course, but is not a links, nor particularly close to the sea.

Steve Lang

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:45:58 AM »
 8) Vintage please?
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Mark Pearce

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 06:19:30 PM »
It's not Northumberland, there's no body of water nearby and the racecourse is a more conventional shape.  Also there are no houses by the Northumberland.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back