News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

SPDB

Re: Favourite architecture quotation
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008, 02:07:35 PM »
"A shot poorly played should be a shot irretrievably lost." I'm not saying I agree with the statement, but no architect ever uttered words that better or more succinctly summed up his architectural philosophy.

john_stiles

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »
" It's as good as it gets "

Tom  Fazio 

(about Bright's Creek near Asheville, North Carolina <>  the quote is used on interstate billboard sign and is also posted at the development's website)

I always look for the billboard for an interstate grin.

David_Tepper

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2008, 07:44:15 PM »
The November issue of Golf World (UK) is the "Top 100 Courses in GB&I" and has quotes from 17 GCA's ranging from Braid and Mackenzie to Doak and Kidd.

This one, from Tom Simpson, is my favorite: "The vital thing about a hole is that it should be either more difficult than it looks or look more difficult than it is. It must never be what it looks."

That is a very nice dismissal of the "it's all there in front of you" school! ;) 

Ian Andrew

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2008, 08:19:25 PM »
Fun and interesting courses are those that tempt, but do not dictate…they are courses like Pinehurst #2 that recognize the inherent value of power and encourage its use, but not to the point of giving indiscriminate length an insurmountable advantage. 

Bill Coore

Philippe Binette

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »
I'll keep the Whitman lines for a book.. it's that good

I'll go for:
It's the kind of green that can make you look stupid... with or without a putter in your hand.

A member playing High Pointe

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back