News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kenny Baer

My Philadelphia Golf Trip (The Review)
« on: October 07, 2008, 01:26:05 PM »
I started out on Thursday and played Philmont CC (North); I thought it was a solid golf course that needed some work done.  The greens were fast and a couple of the holes were pretty wild, the 9th hole is a boomerang par 5.

Friday I played Saucon Valley (Weyhill) and loved it; I thought it was a beautifull Golf club and extremely well routed; I had a problem with a couple of the par 5's but overall the golf course was immaculate.  The golf club is probably the nicest I have ever been too; it was the kind of place where I felt like I didn't belong.

Friday afternoon I played Lehigh; at this point my game UNRAVELED  and I broke down in tears on the 7th tee; I was able to talk to my Mama and she talked me down so I could gather myself; JK, although that is what I wanted to do.  I loved this golf course I was able to play with someone who has forgotten more about the game then I currently know and that in and of itself was a great expierence.  I loved the green complexes and without playing with the member I doubt if I would have ever even noticed how special they are.  Lehigh is the kind of course that I would like to play daily.

Saturday I played White Manor (Bobby Weed) and loved it as well; it was a beautiful day on a beautiful golf course.  This to me felt the most modern, probably because after the redesign it is the most modern, but I loved it.  The greens were wild and fun, this is a place that if you were a member you would eventually have to become a pretty solid putter, they can be wild.  I played probably the worst round of golf I have played since high school but I still loved the course which says alot, typically if my game is as bad as it was I have difficulty enjoying anything.

Philly golf is special; every course was awesome and the weather was fun, just so different then what I am used to being from ATL.  I loved how each course was easily walkable and caddies were everywhere.  Overall it was a great trip and I would love to go back.

John Kavanaugh

Re: My Philadelphia Golf Trip (The Review)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 01:39:52 PM »
Did you play with Redanman at Lehigh?  If not, was the member familiar with this site?

Kenny Baer

Re: My Philadelphia Golf Trip (The Review)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 01:45:05 PM »
I would rather not say who I played with because I don't know if he would want me to, but the individual is familar with this site. 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back