News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

John Pflum

Semi OT: Cincinnati Event Final Details July 25-27
« on: June 18, 2008, 10:53:06 AM »
Dearest Golfing Comrades:

Everything is set and ready to go!  I finally have all of the details finalized for the 2008 edition of RSG Cincinnati.  This will be the 8th year of the event. 

The weekend is pretty low key with the prime focus being an opportunity for people who only talk/argue golf online to get together in real life and play the game.  We've had a few GCAers attend in the past and hopefully we'll get a few more this year. 

Just go here: http://www.rsgcincinnati.com and you will be able to find every thing you need.

A few quick facts:
* The event is July 25-27, 2008 in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.
* This is not a commercial or charity event.  It is just for golfers to get together and have a good time.
* The official Tournament round is on Saturday morning at Lassing Pointe.  The tournament format is Stableford scoring. 
* You can play as much or as little golf as you want.  Or just come and join us for dinner. 
* If you play all the rounds (90 holes) is $172 walking or $219 riding. 

If you have any questions just go to the web page and send me a note. 

Note: I am going to be out of the country from June 26th to July 7th with very limited access to email. If you contact during that time do not be alarmed if you do not hear back from me right away. I will be sure to get back to you when I get home.
--
jvdp

JLahrman

Re: Semi OT: Cincinnati Event Final Details July 25-27
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:43:20 AM »
Great John, I will try to show up for at least one round.

Never thought I would see Hickory Woods be part of a GCA-endorsed event!

John Pflum

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »
Great John, I will try to show up for at least one round.

Never thought I would see Hickory Woods be part of a GCA-endorsed event!

It's a nice warm up course for O'Bannon.  :-) 
--
jvdp

John Pflum

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 08:54:57 PM »
Two quick items:

1.  "Bump" for those who are interested but haven't signed up yet
2.  I was able to get a discount for the Friday round at O'Bannon.  Greens fee is $30 walking/$40 riding.  That is quite a bargain for this privatge club.

For more information:  http://www.rsgcincinnati.com
--
jvdp

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 09:06:13 PM »
I'll be there for both rounds on Friday.  Saturday's a no-go because my buddy is having an all-day bachelor party extravaganza, meaning Sunday's round is still up in the air for obvious reasons  ;)

I'm playing Hickory Woods this weekend for my company outing (that I set up), so I'll report on course conditions.  I'm excited to play O'Bannon as I've heard good things.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 09:12:30 PM by Criss Titschinger »

John Pflum

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 09:20:30 PM »
Criss:  Hickory Woods is my home course so I can pretty much tell you about the conditions.  It is a mid range public course.  It isn't going to be Camargo but the greens will be in good shape and the course will be in good shape in general.  Parts of the back 9 might be a little bit soggy depending on how much rain we get. 

I think you'll really like O'Bannon.  It is a very good course.  A couple of holes definitely need some local knowledge but it's a lot of fun. 

The General Public:  I have 15 people signed up so far for at least one round of golf so it's a good time to meet some new people. 
--
jvdp

Criss Titschinger

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 09:37:48 PM »
Criss:  Hickory Woods is my home course so I can pretty much tell you about the conditions.  It is a mid range public course.  It isn't going to be Camargo but the greens will be in good shape and the course will be in good shape in general. 

I've played Hickory Woods before and your explanation was exactly why I picked it for my outing.  It's a nice mid-range course.

Now that I'm out of college, where Indian Ridge was my home course during my stay at Miami U., I don't really have a home course.  My Club w/o Real Estate plays a different course each week.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back