News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

Bernard Darwin
« on: May 29, 2008, 03:34:10 PM »
Here is a link to an article in the Times about a gentleman doing his dissertation on Bernard Darwin.  Per the article he is next going to work at the USGA museum.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/golf/article4027006.ece

"In his time at Cambridge, Normoyle became the greatest expert in the world on Bernard Darwin, the man generally considered to be the best golf writer in the first half of the past century. He wrote a thesis on Darwin and the Development of Golf Literature, which he submitted in 2006, and followed this with a dissertation, perhaps four times as long, which he will present for his doctorate later this summer. "
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

PThomas

Re: Bernard Darwin
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 03:48:56 PM »
i hope he makes his disseration public, as it will probably be interesting reading
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 03:51:32 PM »
Great find Bill. as he mentions the internet and the space to publish long articles, is it too much to hope he might be a lurker here?
Let's make GCA grate again!

JohnV

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 04:15:32 PM »
David worked for the USGA Foundation in the past.  I met him briefly during that period and found him to be a very good guy.   I hope he makes his work avaiable to a wide audience in the future.

BCrosby

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 04:20:54 PM »
David is a friend of many of us here and is a very good fellow. I congratulate him on his new job. The USGA was extremely fortunate to get him.

Bob   

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back