News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott Stambaugh

The Case of the Vanishing Thread
« on: May 29, 2008, 11:47:24 PM »
Can anyone offer some insight as to why a thread suddenly disappears?

There was a thread started on here last week that was quite interesting to me.  After about twenty posts, it was gone.

Who has the authority to remove them and why? 

John Moore II

Re: The Case of the Vanishing Thread
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 12:09:36 AM »
The administrators can remove threads and posts. There may be many reasons the a thread to be removed, especially given the near combative nature of postings on this site recently. Not sure which thread you are talking about, I can only remember one thread that was removed, and it wasn't that interesting.

--There was a post by John Kavanaugh that was removed yesterday that I was quite amused by though, something about unisex restroom facilities.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:50:50 AM »
Scott,

Sometimes the guy who starts a thread changes the title midstream and it appears to have vanished.

J,

My unisex bathroom story was not deleted because I just checked.  It is a true story that is both unfunny and disgusting but would conform to even today's strict FCC standards.  I kindof like the new rule on here that you can not delete your own posts anymore as it gives some credibiltiy to those of us who post under our own names.

John Moore II

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 12:04:39 PM »
JK-yes, I see now it is still there, though I thought yesterday it had been removed. I actually thought it was very funny, one of the funniest things I have seen lately and laughed for about 10 minutes. Then I went into my personal unisex restroom and posted said sign there. ;D :D :D

Scott Stambaugh

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 12:45:55 AM »
The removed thread was interesting to at least twenty of us.  Ironic that a thread that was actually about architecture was removed.  If threads were removed on this site solely based on their interest level and/or relevance to architecture, half of them would be immediately wiped out.

The moderator must have deemed something inappropriate because the person who started it is nowhere to be found.  Unless of course he has a pseudo-name...

Seems that quite a few threads lately are combative but remain.  (?)

Scott

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back