News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re: Interview with Mike Keiser - Old Macdonald
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2008, 12:59:18 PM »
For a 5th, how about giving Hanse a crack at one. Imagine having TD, C&C and one of his all in one place.

David,

Thats one of the best ideas I've seen on this site in awhile.  Hanse really should get a crack at building the next one and would do a great job IMO.

Tim Bert

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
I'd like to see Mike Young get out there and build some greens like #17 at Longshadow in order to quiet all these people complaining about bland, flat greens at Bandon.

Or maybe Nuzzo get out there and build some 200 yard wide fairways and some crazy greens.

How about Jordan Wall and Matthew Hunt team up to build their first design as the 5th at Bandon?  Keiser demonstrated he likes to take calculated risks with the first few.

Why don't we just build our private GCA endeavor right there adjacent to the property?

OK - The first two on that list were serious.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2008, 02:00:26 PM »
After the 4th course opens, I'm not sure who'd want to take on designing a 5th. I'd be afraid of the law of averages kicking in, or of the golfing press hankering for a "first miss" instead of "another hit".  What the hell do I know, but maybe a real surprise is in order, e.g. a Nicklaus course. Or  how about Pete Dye?

Peter 

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2008, 04:36:32 PM »
I never knew that C&C had begged Keiser about putting thier course on that piece of land, but it makes sense certainly to hear about it now.

Interesting C&C loved it so much.  If I recall right, after seeing the land (I think from the other Bandon courses) John Kavanaugh predicted lots of people will be disappointed with Old Mac. 

Jim, why was that a shock? 

Or was it a shock?

George Pazin

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »
This world needs more people like Mike Keiser.   

Tim, I'd be happy to impersonate him, if I could simply make that first couple hundred million.... :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2008, 08:17:00 PM »
George,

I'd agree.

Mike has been a visionary.

If Old MacDonald lives up to some of the early praise, it's possible that Mike Keiser will have created four (4) of the top 21 modern day courses at a single destination.

Think about that.

Four outstanding, diverse golf courses in one spot.

A spot that noone had thought about for 100 years until Mike Keiser discovered it and followed his dream.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 03:55:52 AM »
And to follow up on Patrick's point, isn't Keiser a lead player in creating other world-class courses, in other parts of the world? 

Has anyone else who was not an architect done this? 

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 12:06:17 PM »
I'd like to see Mike Young get out there and build some greens like #17 at Longshadow in order to quiet all these people complaining about bland, flat greens at Bandon.

Or maybe Nuzzo get out there and build some 200 yard wide fairways and some crazy greens.

How about Jordan Wall and Matthew Hunt team up to build their first design as the 5th at Bandon?  Keiser demonstrated he likes to take calculated risks with the first few.

Why don't we just build our private GCA endeavor right there adjacent to the property?

OK - The first two on that list were serious.

It would be good if Mike took them all seriously(esp. number three) ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back