News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brandon Skopelja

Re: Did Jack Nicklaus peak early?
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2008, 03:59:46 PM »
Jim,
 How much of the DA's routing is kept is obviously project specific. There are many ways to route a golf course. Preliminary routings are done beforehand to determine a site's feasibilty, as it would be impossible for Jack to route every prospect. Once Jack makes a site visit, it isnt abnormal for an entire new routing to evolve, or in some cases some minor tweaks per Jack's requests.
  "If Jack routed a course by himself, that would put this question to rest.  I for one would love to see that. " That statement confuses me slightly, as I feel Jack does route his courses. Yes he does have an amazing support team, but i do not feel that warrants a statement that he doesnt route his own golf courses. I have had the privelage of being on a preliminary site visit with Jack. Watching the routing evolve between Jack, Jack II, and two of his DA's was quite amazing. The routing was completely different then the one we stepped on site with.
 Hopefully this will began to put that question to rest  :) , just my opinion though.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back