News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Brock Peyer

Tommy Fazio?
« on: April 30, 2008, 09:25:15 PM »
I was paging through the latest issue of Links magazine (it has some great aerials) and came across an ad on page 31 for Tradition National Golf Course, a course designed by "Tommy Fazio."  What's up with this?  Is Fazio reinventing himself like P Diddy?  Is Tommy his son?  Is Tommy Fazio some unrelated bubba from backwoods nowhere that got the job?  How is a Tom Fazio course different from a Tommy course?  Is Fazio coming out with a line of hawaiian print shirts, the Tommy Fazio line?  What's up?

I have met Fazio once and he ain't no Tommy.

John Moore II

Re: Tommy Fazio?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:32:23 PM »
I had noticed an article like that before but had not paid any attention to it. It would seem that 'Tommy' is the son of Tom the Great. He even has his own website http://www.faziogolf.com/   Isn't that special?

paul cowley

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 01:14:16 AM »
I'll second that.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

JC Jones

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 02:10:10 AM »
He worked on the re-design/restoration of Magnolia Plantation in Lake Mary, Florida.  That is the only work of his that I have seen.  I'd say he improved that course, especially the green complexes.
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

John_Cullum

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:30:06 AM »
Tommy did Eagle Marsh a/k/a Jensen Beach CC in Jensen beach FL. It is very demanding, has some interesting green contours, sometimes narrow and sometimes wide, and generally makes for a good experience.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

George Pazin

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »
I think he is the lead architect on the second course at Trump NJ. A friend tells me he has been almost omnipresent at the course, so he certainly sounds dedicated. Kudos to him.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Steve Kline

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 10:03:26 AM »
Working in my family's business where all the sons are named after their fathers and each pair works at the company, I can't imagine how confusing it would be each of the fathers had named their sons after each other instead of themselves. The outside world would never be able to figure that out.

Rick_Noyes

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
Steve,

Or you could name all your sons after yourself as George Forman did.  Then we could have the George Forman II grill, George Forman III grill..... :D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back