News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re: For those that have never been to a GCA event
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »
Mike, I had to think about that one a while... since we didn't have a 'caddy' and we were pretty well tuckered out upon completion.  That was a schlog!

But then I figured out what you mean.  But, it is a Lincoln and those curves and hills are the reason our cows have shorter legs on one side from the other.  Finding that old Irish style pub while not going to the fancy place that was closed that day was serendipity.

Which brings us to one of the best aspects of the GCA events; the chow venues!   :o ;D  There have been a long list of "diners, drive-ins, and dives" that could keep the food channel in compelling programing for quite a few episodes.  some of the best meals and company I've had anywhere... except Italy.  ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

JC Jones

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2008, 02:16:00 AM »
An event in the Midwest wouldnt hurt..... I'm happy to help organize.  But you're right, I should show up to one of these things, whats the worst that could happen....?
I get it, you are mad at the world because you are an adult caddie and few people take you seriously.

Excellent spellers usually lack any vision or common sense.

I know plenty of courses that are in the red, and they are killing it.

Reef Wilson

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 02:16:43 AM »
As another first time GCA event participant, it is indeed all of the fun it sounds like. Playing the game with people with similar appreciation for the game is what everyone would want and how lucky we are to have this forum to to bring us together!

Putting faces with online personalities is a real treat. Hearing about the reverse Jans National in person from Sybil, er, Shivas was a stellar way to play my first round with GCA folks. And of course all of the other fine gentleman that I played with (John, Tim, David E, Ed, Pat, Pete P and Davis S) made each hole a treat.

The format is perfect. Match play, which I had not played much of beforehand, is the way to go. You can play your own game or let the pressure effect you and not worry too much about a bad shot and who knows, you can even win a hole with an 8, a distinction I was on the wrong side of.

I absolutely look forward to more of these. I am so glad I decided to see if they had any room for a late entry!

Reef

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back