News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Quirk
« on: March 30, 2008, 11:25:21 AM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3320089

I like a lot of the player comments and the polarization. Even the pros can have fun once in awhile in baseball. I wonder if this could EVER translate to the PGA tour again.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 11:27:01 AM by Kyle Harris »

Joel_Stewart

Re: Quirk
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:47:18 AM »
Quirk still exists on some golf courses in the US but not many for the PGA tour.  It seems once a year it would be OK for golf but in baseball, some team (in this case LA) would have to play it 80 times per year which wouldn't work.   The closest baseball has is Fenway and maybe Wrigley.

Jones had quite a bit of quirk in Augusta but it has all been bulldozed like most other courses in favor of lush carpet type fairways.   God forbid somebody hit a perfect drive and it takes a bad bounce into a bunker.  Its the same at my course, the super would just die if something wasn't perfect.

RJ_Daley

Re: Quirk
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 02:07:40 PM »
I sure hope Tommy Nac snagged himself a ticket to see that, as he was probably too young when the Dodgers played there for the 4 years in the late 50s early 60s. 
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back