News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Scarboro (Tillinghast) in Toronto
« on: January 17, 2008, 09:22:08 PM »
Wayne Kozun wrote a nice  GCA.com "in my opinion essay " about this rugged course that features  several  short two shotters. Gil Hanse's updated website indicates that he and  Ian Andrew did some restoration / bunker work at Scarboro. Has anyone had a chance to play the course since the work began. If you played in the past month were you wearing Bermuda shorts ?    
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 10:03:28 PM by mark chalfant »

Wayne_Kozun

Re:Scarboro (Tillinghast) in Toronto
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 12:27:44 AM »
Well yes, I played the course since the work began but the work had just started at that time and there weren't too many significant changes completed yet.  Our season in Toronto generally ends in mid-november so we have to wait until the spring to see how the changes look but I am looking forward to the revised/renovated course.

The 2nd hole is no longer a dogleg par 3 as several silver maples that guarded the right hand of the green are gone.  The par 5 first hole has a Sahara around the landing zone for the second shot for most players.

Robert Thompson did a story on his blog in late November - my last round was in October. http://www.ontgolf.ca/g4g/2007/11/28/course-preview-scarboros-changes-and-canadas-reluctance-to-restore/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 12:29:00 AM by Wayne_Kozun »

Gerry B

Re:Scarboro (Tillinghast) in Toronto
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 09:47:59 PM »
used to be a member there and played there with Wayne after the construction began. the changes that i saw at first glance looked very promising. the new bunkering on the par 5 10th will vastly improve the strategy and shot values. looking forward to seeing the course after the renovations are done.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back