News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

The Emirates Golf Club: Majlis Course.
« on: February 03, 2008, 01:37:54 PM »
Who designed the Majlis Course at The Emirates Golf Club?

This tournament in Dubai is now becoming one of those must see non-major tournaments.  Three years in a row now with great finishes, and the one tournament where Tiger seems to really have to work to the finish to get a win, but no matter what an always exciting Sunday finish.

Is it the combination of driviable par 4, exciting risk-reward par 5s all on the back nine that make the event so exciting each year?  Also the winds seem to usually be a factor to add to the excitement.  Finally, it is always a great field.

Could this event someday replace the Masters as being more exciting, and eventually become a tournament that all great players feel they must win?  Can Tiger be Dubai's Sarazen?
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Kirk Gill

Re:The Emirates Golf Club: Majlis Course.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 12:26:13 AM »

The name I've heard is Karl Litten. Looks like he's done a lot of work in Florida, but I have to admit that he is not a familiar name to me.

Oops, my ignorance is showing (again).

"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

David_Elvins

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 12:50:56 AM »
Didn't see a lot of the course but that 17th hole must be one of the worst holes in tournament golf?  
Ask not what GolfClubAtlas can do for you; ask what you can do for GolfClubAtlas.

James Bennett

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:42:26 AM »

The name I've heard is Karl Litten. Looks like he's done a lot of work in Florida, but I have to admit that he is not a familiar name to me.

Oops, my ignorance is showing (again).

I'll have this wrong, but isn't Karl Litten (or similar) the mastermind of the Pink Panther?  The man who planned the theft of the diamond?

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Philippe Binette

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »
David elvins mentionned: Didn't see a lot of the course but that 17th hole must be one of the worst holes in tournament golf?  

I would have to say that there are a lot of holes worse than that in tournament golf.

If you look at it, it's a position hole for 99,999% of the players where you can hit it 270 straight and then 90 yards in. The problem is, there's a man in the field who can fly it 310 yards to reach the green

Kirk Gill

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »
I'll have this wrong, but isn't Karl Litten (or similar) the mastermind of the Pink Panther?  The man who planned the theft of the diamond?

You were close - Charles Litton.

Here's a link for some courses attributable to Mr. Litten:

http://www.worldgolf.com/golf-architects/karl-litten.html
"After all, we're not communists."
                             -Don Barzini

James Bennett

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 05:37:28 PM »
Kirk

thanks Karles (Charles) Litten (Litton).  Very close, but no cigar.  The 'phantom' IIRC, played by David Niven.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back