News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

Re:Circling Raven - A course tour (with pics)
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2007, 10:28:19 PM »
Mike,

That par 5 on the front 9 was one of the few holes I've ever played where from tee to green I wondered what the hell I was supposed to do, yet loved it as soon as I was done and wished I could go back and play it over and over again.

And talk about your claustrophobic approaches on number 7.  OB and the street left, with the massively deep bunker on the right.  When I played it, I wish I could have told you I was brave, but I intentionally played out to the right past the bunker and got it up and down for the par.

Agreed on Vlley View, just some amazing shots to be found out there.  This would be a perfect example of a course where TD could give it a few tweaks, remove all the ponds and it would be the jewel of Utah...

Did you ever play South Mountain or Thanksgiving Point?  I'm now the one wondering what you thought of those two courses.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »
Kalen,

I believe both South Mountain and Thanksgiving Point were built since my last visit to SLC.  

I've heard that TP is brutally tough..

Garland Bayley

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 12:07:16 PM »
Ugh!  :P

Exactly where does this Bates guy think lefties are supposed to play golf?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:13:03 PM by Garland Bayley »
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 12:12:58 PM »
Kalen,

I believe both South Mountain and Thanksgiving Point were built since my last visit to SLC.  

I've heard that TP is brutally tough..

Mike,

TP can be tough if you play from the wrong set of tees due to its overall length and length of its forced carries.  I have played it from both the blues and whites and didn't find anything too brutal in the shot department and I'm an average length off the tee kind of guy. That being said I wouldn't even attempt to play it from the blacks because a couple of holes would be impossible for me.

Compared to South Mountain though, I would say SM is the tougher course due to the fairways being more narrow and OB/hazards on pretty much every hole.

You're long overdue for a trip to Utah, so come on out and we'll give em a play.  ;)

Kalen
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 12:14:04 PM by Kalen Braley »

Garland Bayley

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 12:48:58 PM »

You're long overdue for a trip to Utah, so come on out and we'll give em a play.  ;)

Careful Kalen,

Mike is going to be asking for 130 strokes per 18.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Kalen Braley

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 02:57:17 PM »

Careful Kalen,

Mike is going to be asking for 130 strokes per 18.

The way I've been playing this year, I'll need 160...  ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back