News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Young

Committee rule at top clubs.....
« on: September 24, 2007, 03:47:40 PM »
How many of the top golf clubs are governed by boards?
And of these clubs, how many of these have committee chairmen such as the Green chairman  remain as chairman for more than one year.

"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

JESII

Re:Committee rule at top clubs.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 03:59:52 PM »
Mike,

I would think most chairmanships are for two or three years...3 at my club with a max term of 2 - for a max life of 6 years. Not sure of any other club though.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »
Mike, I'm curious as to whether prospective course developers that you engage with ask you specifically for ideas on certain club organizational questions such as this.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Mike_Young

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »
Mike, I'm curious as to whether prospective course developers that you engage with ask you specifically for ideas on certain club organizational questions such as this.
RJ,
Fortunately when I work for a developer he usually (maybe always) would laugh if I suggested a committee.  They would have zero desire for such. IMHO.

JES,
Most that I see in the South are 1 year and in most cases that is 13 months too long.

My reason for posting was that when I stop to think....most new stuff that works has one owner....and most older clubs with board have some form of continuity BUT the cream of the crop seems to be benevolent dictators.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

JESII

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 04:19:54 PM »
Music to Mucci's ears...but probably not questioned by anyone...

Matt MacIver

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 05:28:47 PM »
We have three year Board terms.  

Officers and Committee Heads are voted annually, so they could change that often but the goal (hope) is keep them for at least two years.  

I am a proponent of longer tenures.  Just when you go about learning something, you're off the Board / Committee and some new, well- intentioned guy has to get up to speed.  

Those that suffer the most in this cycle is probably not the Members but more likely the staff, who are constantly re- educating Board members and suffering through their "good" and "new" ideas.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back