News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Hendren

Lawsonia/Erin Hills Hit-N-Run
« on: July 13, 2007, 01:59:22 PM »
I'll be in Madison Aug. 13th with one extra day.  Are Lawsonia and Erin Hills doable in a day if one starts at either locale?

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Jim Dawson

Re:Lawsonia/Erin Hills Hit-N-Run
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »
Mike,
It is 75 miles, 1.5 hours, between the two. It is doable, about 14 hours of daylight. I would start at Erin Hills.
Sounds like a fun day.
JD

ed_getka

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 02:04:27 PM »
It is doable I think and I would start at Erin Hills with the first tee time because I would imagine it would be the slower round if you did it second. Lawsonia will be pretty empty most likely.
   I haven't seen Erin Hills yet, but if you have to choose one go to Lawsonia, by far the better value for your dollar.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Jim Dawson

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
Mike,
I agree with Ed, if you can do only 1, make it Lawsonia.
I think they have a daily rate of $99.00. Then you could play both courses, or the oldest course in WI, Mascoutin, which is across the street from Lawsonia

RJ_Daley

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 02:32:59 PM »
Jim, sorry to say it is not Mascoutin that is perhaps the oldest (Bendelow) in Wisconsin.  Mascoutin is an Ed Lawrence Packard design.  

Tuscumbia in Green Lake is the course to which I think you are referring.  

On both counts, Tuscumbia or Mascoutin they are not worth Mike's limitted time.

I think I'd lean towards EH first and early as possible.  That will leave him tired, but an 1.5 hour trip to recover a bit for an afternoon-twilight round at Lawsonia, which is best anyway.  He won't need any sleeping pills after that day, which ever order he plays them.   ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Phil McDade

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 03:30:43 PM »
Mike:

Lawsonia in the late afternoon is pretty neat; the weekday (Mon-Thur) summer twilight rate there (after 4 pm, which should give you just enough for 18; course should be pretty empty) is $24. There may be better golfing values out there than that, but I don't know of them.

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »
Mike,

Are you still going later in the week? http://tinyurl.com/2bxyhr

Mike Hendren

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »
Barney,

You are correct.  I'm in Madison Wed. August 15th with golf perhaps on Thursday.  I'll try to get an early time at EH and late afternoon at LL, then post here with availability.  

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back