News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:thumbs way up for Barona Creek
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 12:24:17 AM »
Tom, As I type this, in less then 5 minutes the fireworks will be going off at Disneyland, and I'll hear them. If I went to the top of Idaho/Gilbert, I would be able to see them, so yes, I live fairly close to La La Land.

There isn't even a comparison in time from Disneyland to Rustic vs. Disneyland to Barona. During construction of Barona, I would met Todd Eckenrode at Lake Forest Dr., just past the El Toro "Y" and it took us about two hours from there, no traffic. In traffic, if you get caught in Vista/Escondido traffic, it could be three or more hours to the course.

During the building of Rustic Canyon, I would leave here and get to Rustic in about an hour and a half with typical 'light' LA traffic. IF the freeway was really bad, I've spent as much as three hours, most of it being in a dead stop.

But in normal weekend traffic, I can get to Rustic Canyon in 70-75 minutes tops. It will be about the same from Disneyland.

And Sweeney WILL be playing Rustic that week--that's an ORDER! :o ;) :D :) (There will also be no excuse about having to let the wifey and kids have the car)

(Even though the bastard didn't return my phone call from yesterday)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 12:24:39 AM by Tommy Naccarato »

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2007, 12:33:42 AM »
Again I'll remind everyone that by signing up for the Players Club online you'll receive 20% off all greens fees - no catch, no exclusions, no spam.

So the $150 weekend fee is really $120. There's just no reason to pay the full rate at any time at Barona.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Gotta love SoCal traffic.  This is why us valley boys only ventured to Orange county when we absolutely had to... and vice versa I'm sure.   ;D

In any case, the Emperor gave you the straight scoop, Mike.  And you've now been given an order for a command performance.  So enjoy Rustic.. just don't expect to do anything else that day.  Commence marital negotiations now.

;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back