News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Cirba

Re:Where are you playing 2007?
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2006, 04:34:33 PM »
The following is sort of my "wish list" of courses I haven't played before that are either within reasonable driving distance or close to where I travel on business sometimes.  

St. Davids

Mike,

Didn't  you play St. David's with Mike Trenham and Wayne?  I only remember this because I was part of that 4some before that infamous incident of me losing my keys ;)

Jason

Jason,

Oops...thought I took off all the ones I already played.

I remember that day well.   We spent it speculating how you might have lost them!  ;)  ;D

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2006, 04:35:50 PM »
Mike,

Let's put something together for the early summer and the Penn State courses. By then, some of the green work on the White should be completed along with tree removal.

Fox Hill is wonderful, I'm sure it brings up great memories of home for you.

Let me know if you need a fifth ;)
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2006, 04:41:02 PM »
To pick up on the sub thread above on 'How wonderful is my wife' and our upcomming trip to County Clare.  Well she's out tonight and as she knows I never check the emails at home, I guess I wasn't meant to see the following for another week or so.

20 Dec 2006

Reference:  133691  Anthony Muldoon

I wish to confirm the following reservation:

Old Course

Tue 10 Apr 2007    Old Course  08:40

Visitor Old Course x 1 @ EUR155.00 = EUR155.00

Total Deposit = EUR77.50
Total Balance = EUR77.50
Total Charges = EUR155.00

The green fee rate is inclusive of government V.A.T. at 13.5%.

Deposits are non refundable.

Method of payment: cash, cheque, bank draft or credit card (Access, Visa, Mastercard, Eurocard, American Express or Laser). Please see our booking conditions attached.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Alan Reardon,
Secretary/Manager.
Tel +353 65 7081003
Fax +353 65 7081592

I knew she was wonderful, but she's getting even better!

SSShhhh it's our little secret and I will look suitably suitably surprised and delighted. ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 04:43:03 PM by Tony Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2006, 04:41:06 PM »
Huck - LOL

Dr. Geoff - LOL!!!!

Tom D - I hope the stars align and we are able to play a round togther this year.

Cirba-osity - I had better be getting some phone calls with all the time you're planning to spend in the Oriole State!

JC

Chris_Blakely

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2006, 04:42:22 PM »
Mark Chalfant,

By Kankakee do you mean Kankakee Elks GC designed by Landford and Moreau in Kankakee, IL?  If yes, you are in for a treat.  Absolutely loved this Langford course.  I hope they restore it as the pro was talking about.  Also, it will not be hard to tell the one par 3 hole on the course that is not original - sad because the orginal hole looked quite good (green is easily visible).  They may restore in the future.  FYI almost all bunkers have been grassed in.

Brad Tufts

« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2006, 06:40:41 PM »
Let's see....

New courses looking forward to playing in 07...

Baltusrol (36)
RCD
Royal Portrush (36)
European Club
Baltray
Rosapenna (36)
Ballyliffin (36)
Ardglass
The Island
Portmarnock Old and Hotel
Pebble Beach
Spyglass
Spanish Bay
Pasatiempo
Old Sandwich??
Boston GC??

Somewhere in the Spring....be it NM, Tampa, or LA..

and of course a few old standbys...

Myopia
Essex
TCC
Salem CC
Rutland CC

Perhaps a trip back to Newport National and Shennecossett?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:41:13 PM by Brad Tufts »
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

James Bennett

« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2006, 07:39:12 PM »
Barnbougle Dunes
St. Andrews Beach
Royal Melbourne
Victoria National
Kingston Heath
Royal Adelaide

Should be a hell of a year.

;)

Tom  

these courses are in the southern hemishphere.  I assume Mohammed is coming to the mountain, as sure as hell these mountains aren't going to be relocated to the northern hemisphere.

Oh, and you left a carriage return out on one line.  I assume you really meant to say

Victoria
National

and probably should have added 'Old' or 'Moonah' to National.  ;)

You will have a nice Melbourne visit with all these fine courses.  We get yahoo down here (channel 7 TV has an association) so perhaps you could argue with your employer for a promotional visit.

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bill_McBride

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2006, 10:45:44 PM »
GC:

I too had heard that I'm persona non grata there.  Oh well... just shows the power of the internet.

BTW I exaggerated nothing.  I was truly treated like shit there.  But oh well.... maybe one way to look at my story (though I'm not counting on it) is that some of the members and staff learn that treating guests like crap might not go unnoticed.  And if so, then my gift to golf society is complete.

Inquiring minds would like to know what went here.  How about an IM?

Tim Bert

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2006, 10:50:36 PM »
The following is sort of my "wish list" of courses

Gillette Ridge*

Mike - I'd never "wish" such a thing on you, but I definitely want to hear what you think after you play it.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2006, 10:32:57 AM »
James - thanks for the corrections re my hastily constructed southern hemisphere dream list... and the advice... perhaps now this may have some basis in reality.  ;)

Bill - it was a LONG time ago and the story has been told too many times.  I do chalk it up to 2-3 dickheads and/or guys having a bad day.

TH

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2006, 10:34:52 AM »
The following is sort of my "wish list" of courses

Gillette Ridge*

Mike - I'd never "wish" such a thing on you, but I definitely want to hear what you think after you play it.

Tim,

After hearing so much about it here, and knowing how you LOVE it so, the masochist in me just HAS to play it!  ;)

Besides, it's so right THERE, if you know what I mean.  

Mark Pearce

« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2006, 10:44:45 AM »
Does everybody really plan things so carefully that they can confidently make a list of twenty courses they'll play next year?  I will play these, either because they're local, I have regular visits to them or have made plans:

Northumberland
Musselburgh
North Berwick
Muirfield
Berkshire (Blue and Red)
Huntercombe
Bamburgh Castle
Alwoodley
Moortown
Elie
Bruntsfield Links
Hoylake
Silloth

I haven't got any other definite plans at the moment, but a trip to Northern Ireland is a possibility.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Jay Flemma

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2006, 11:36:50 AM »
I still have a few of the top courses in central Indiana to play for the first time, let alone dream about playing elsewhere in the country.

For first-time visits I am planning on playing Purgatory, Rock Hollow, Prairie View and Trophy Club. I will also strive to finagle myself an invite to Crooked Stick and the new Dye/Liddy re-do of Woodland CC.

I haven't played The Fort for a few years, so that should be on my list as well.

I had a really nice time playing those indiana courses...they have a lot of strategy and are at a fair price!

Tim Bert

« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2006, 12:06:39 AM »

Tim,

After hearing so much about it here, and knowing how you LOVE it so, the masochist in me just HAS to play it!  ;)

Besides, it's so right THERE, if you know what I mean.  

Oh, I know what you mean, all right.  For a couple years while I worked there it just sort of called to me from right outside the window, "Ill be done soon."  Then once it was done it spent the next few years saying, "You know, Wintonbury Hills is only a 5 minute drive."  Then I moved away.  If only we could contract with Arnold Palmer golf to get one of those signature courses at every one of our offices!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back