News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matthew Hunt

Annesley Links
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:49:54 PM »
Has anyone played the RCDs second course (Annesley Links)

Only par 66 but Short,Tight and Decent

Will Post pictures and commentary soon

« Last Edit: December 16, 2006, 05:11:52 PM by Matthew Hunt »

Dan Moore

Re:Annesley Links
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 06:28:25 PM »
Yes, we played it in a thick fog that made it hard to see where we were going at times.  Thankfully the next day was clear as could be.  

We played the day we arrived in Ireland after flying all night into Dublin and then driving to Newcastle.  It was very fun and a great way to get used to links conditions.  Some of the dunes at the far end rival those of the main course.  I wouldn't be surprised if some of those starting and finishing holes are original to Old Tom's original layout of the course before it moved more into the dunes under George Combe.  It also helped us stay awake long enough before dinner and a few pints to help us adjust to a new schedule.

Welcome to GCA Matthew, I look forward to your pictures.  
"Is there any other game which produces in the human mind such enviable insanity."  Bernard Darwin

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 05:42:26 AM »
The flat area is where the origanal 9 holes were

Matthew Hunt

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:05:22 AM »
Did you guys know that RCDs second course, The Annesley is a Alister MacKenzie design. My dad  and Granddad cound not believe that the "wee" course was desined by the same person who designed CPC and ANGC

Stan Dodd

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 12:50:26 PM »
I did play it the evening before playing the big course.  I played with my caddie.  Great intro and warm up I recall a really good par 3  going back to the main course.  Would play a gain for sure.

Scott Stearns

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 03:29:52 PM »
got there on a wed and was told that was "all" i could play.  i remember having a ball on the course.  couple indifferent holes, and a couple that measured up to everything else i saw on that trip, save the RCD course itself.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back