News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dan_Callahan

Re:Can't be many like this left...
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2006, 08:12:00 AM »
I hope someone with a conscience snaps it up before Trump gets his grubby little fingers on it.

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2006, 08:34:36 AM »
Patrick Mucci.............
........I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING ABOUT YOU I COULD APPRECIATE!!!!!!  And finally, here it is.........our common love and memories of that beautiful life, including the women, in Santa Barbara.

You are now my blood brother!!!!

Regards,
Tom

ps...........Rincon, now there is a wave!
the pres

Allan Hutton

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2006, 08:41:29 AM »
Highly weird!!

I was in my Realtor's office yesterday flipping through the glossy brochure on the table... what was it that caught my eye... this property no less!  Only $110m or so left to finance....

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2006, 09:00:29 AM »
A couple of links for ranch info, and some cheap real estate nearby once the Ted Robinson masterpiece goes in, with lakes and waterfalls for everyone!

http://surfline.com/surfaz/surfaz.cfm?id=927

http://www.hollister-ranch.com/

You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Lou_Duran

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »
Mike B or Joe P,

Is the property close to the no longer planned C & C designed course on a fromer oil tank farm?  As I recall, a desalination plant and the oil company mentioned in one of the links were involved.

The property doesn't seem to make a lot of sense from a development standpoint.  Most developers I've known just don't tie up their own money in land even for short periods of time.  Maybe a Silicon Valley angel will see $110MM as chump change and come forward.

Joe P,

Why don't you want a golf course on that site?  Are you concerned with run-offs, too many people accessing the property, low-density development, or what?  Based on the many restrictions listed in your link, if the families have a lot of income, a possible exit strategy is to get friendly appraisals, donate the land to the state and take the tax write-offs.

Joe Perches

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2006, 10:49:39 PM »
Is the property close to the no longer planned C & C designed course on a former oil tank farm?

I think the C&C course was next to Sandpiper.

Why don't you want a golf course on that site?

Water use is a big issue.  It's the primary reason the land is a ranch and not developed right now.  I'd prefer state parks.

TEPaul

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 07:17:59 AM »
That was some wonderful piano music!

;)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 02:28:19 PM »
In all seriousness, I go with Joe Perches thoughts.  Not everything has to be a golf course.  This land should be bought by the state and offered to the public on a low impact recreation basis (camping, hiking, surfing, wind gliding).  If they did buy it, they could put one fantastic 18 holer using up about 250 acres of coastal dunes or plateaus sufficiently set back not to slough off into the drink, and run it at public affordable prices per round.  The area below and north south of Torrey Pines model comes to mind.  Oh sure, OK, go ahead and have a nude beach area too if you want.  (but it has to be CO_ED, not what I saw below Torrey Pines!!!) ::) :o ;D 8)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 02:28:58 PM by RJ_Daley »
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Doug Siebert

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 01:12:45 AM »
So if someone in GCA is a closet multi-multi millionaire and looking to make an offer, if I chip in for an acre can I be an out-of-state member of the club? ;D

According to the property description, it is open to having a golf course on the zero development area and a clubhouse (and houses, unfortunately) on the low development area.  It would take a true golf lover instead of someone just looking to go from obscenely wealthy to even more obscenely wealthy to buy that to build a course without paying for it by selling lots at a million an acre -- lining a cartball 7800 yarder to increase the number of lots. :(

http://www.phototours.com/ptwebsites/cojo/description.html

It also says it is subject to the CCC and wildlife is mentioned etc. so I'm sure it would be a big battle.  But at least you wouldn't have to try and change the zoning on it.

It scares me that someone like Trump could buy it.  It'd be better for the state to just buy it.  Maybe they'll count on the CCC to tie it up for long enough for the state to get out of its budget trouble and swoop in and buy it up next time its running a surplus.
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back