News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Tim Gavrich

Naples National GC
« on: October 23, 2006, 09:18:18 PM »
I've seen pictures of this course here ant there and, as a fan of courses where waste areas replace rough for the most part, it seemed quite interesting.  Does anyone have any analysis of it.  I looked at the layout and pics on the website and it reminds me of the two Greg Norman courses in the Myrtle Beach area.
Senior Writer, GolfPass

John_Conley

Re:Naples National GC
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:34:36 PM »
Tim, the site is flat and has an awful lot of wetlands.  It can play very difficult from the back marker, but they offer many teeing options.  In an attempt to create a sense of history they built a wall about 3 or 4 feet high.

I'm in Naples right now, in fact!

S. Huffstutler

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 06:54:19 AM »
Naples National is a great test of golf, 18 strong holes. It does not appeal to everyone (I'm not sure why), I find it to be one of the two or three best courses in Naples. Play from the correct set of tees or you will have a very long day, indeed. Lots of options, risk /  rewards available even without the elevation changes so cherished by some. A great design, beautifully maintained. Not an easy course, but made harder by players who think they can conquer it. One of those places where you must only take what the course will give you and hope for a little luck from time to time. Par 5 #4 is my favorite hole, a real knockout. Naples National is a truly world class facility.

Steve

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 04:18:30 PM »
One of my buddies who is a +2 told me how difficult the course is. I never played it. If he says it is difficult, it is!!!!!!
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 04:27:27 PM »
As we all know, difficult does not equal good much less great.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back