News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Re:Do scratch players see more than 20 handicaps?
« Reply #150 on: September 08, 2006, 05:54:45 PM »
Still wondering what we can learn from the generalization.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Lou_Duran

Re:Do scratch players see more than 20 handicaps?
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2006, 10:04:39 PM »
Huck,

I think that golf architecture is primarily relevant in the context of the golf it engenders.  It is different than landscape architecture in the sense that one is actively involved physically, engaged in the sport or game we call golf.

As to discussing and debating the subject, we probably have beaten it to death.  Thus, college football is probably more topical.  So, here is to the Buckeyes!  Hopefully my kids will forgive me.

George,

Not all threads are started for purposes of instruction.  Some are to flesh out relevant issues regarding the way we look at gca.  You have to admit, that on this site, there are some very polar views (ranging from those who believe you can sit in your Lazy-Boy with a set of pictures and draw meaningful conclusions about a course without having seen or played it, to some who think that only after repeated play can you begin to understand what's on the ground).  What has disappointed me the most in my years of participation here is that seldom are minds influenced or changed.

But, don't get down on yourself for not picking up any tidbits of wisdom from this thread.  It seems that you came to a plausible realization a couple of posts earlier!  ;)  I would probably be better off to experience such an epiphany.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 10:05:21 PM by Lou_Duran »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back