News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

what is a blind tee shot?
« on: September 01, 2006, 11:31:04 AM »
 A week ago or so I sang the praises of White Bear Yacht Club.  Tom Doak agreed but said that I must have a “strong stomach for blind shots.”  Thinking back to my round, there were indeed many tee shots I did not see land.  Nevertheless, there were only a couple tee shots that I needed to see the landing area.  Eighteen, for instance asks the player to hit a shot over a large hill that hides the rest of the hole.  I walked up to see what was on the other side of the hill.  

On the other hand it was easy to tell where to hit the ball and where not to hit the ball even on the holes where I could not see the ball land. It was easy to tell where the trouble was.  When I was playing the course I did not think of these shots as blind.

Is it a blind tee shot just because the player cannot see the ball land?  I would say, “No” if the player has an idea what is out there.  
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tommy Williamsen

Re:what is a blind tee shot?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 01:09:54 PM »
#1 at Four Streams is definitely blind.  But I think that 2 & 3 are not.  You can't see the ball land but for the first two-hundred yards there is a clear sight line and it is easy to see what is and is not out there.

I had not heard Curtis's "blonde" before.  Good stuff.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back