News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Greg Tallman

Re:Odd Comment by Nicklaus
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2006, 07:59:54 PM »
Dan,

Rest assured a developer(not specifically Pulte) is not about to slap a disclaimer on an advertisement... and I'm not that certain that it really matters. Whether he is involved or not Jack's thumb print is on the golf course... just as would be Tom Doak's if he chose to branch out and have associates lead on projects while consulting from the office. (Not likely to happen... simply an example).

I do agree that 90% of the golfing public would likely reach the same conclusion as those to whom you have spoken.  

Tom_Doak

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2006, 09:15:38 PM »
Taylor A:

Mr. Nicklaus formed his opinion of me the same way he would form his opinion of you -- by listening to what I had to say when we were together, and by asking questions.  He did the same with my associate Jim Urbina.  He didn't base anything on reputation, he took us at face value.

Greg Beaulieu

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »
Getting back to my original post, a rerun of the Canadian Skins was on today when I got home from work. I watched the interview at the end again and even turned up the volume to be certain -- and Nicklaus definitely said "I hadn't seen a Thompson course before", not "this Thompson course". He must have forgot about St. George's.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back