News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

rgkeller

Sixteen Year Old Hawaiin Makes Open
« on: June 06, 2006, 08:39:23 AM »

Brent Hutto

Re:Sixteen Year Old Hawaiin Makes Open
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:59:19 AM »
Money quote from the young fellow:

When the wind really picked up, I made clutch putts. My putter was the difference...

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 10:22:53 AM »
This only goes to show that if Michelle Wie REALLY wanted to qualify for the Open she would have stayed in Hawaii. Obviously, her playing the LPGA Championship this week had everything to do with her playing at a tougher qualifier.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 11:40:21 AM »
He's 15, not 16. I was wondering how he did, but to lazy to look it up. Thanks!
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Russell Lo

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 03:00:19 PM »
Tony,

She had her choice in where to qualify, but Canoe Brook is a lot closer to the LPGA Championship. No guarantee she'd win in Hawaii, either.This kid, Tadd Fujikawa has got game. Pounds the ball and has a great short game. Good recipe for success.

He trains under Kevin Ralbovsky who teaches a slew of talented juniors including Stephanie Kono, a highschool classmate of MW who won the Westfield Junior last year. Keep an eye out Tadd and Stephanie.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 10:15:22 AM »
Wie wanted to qualify at Canoe Brook because she was pushing herself to qualify against the best players - at least that's the line she would feed you.  But then she could've gone to Columbus and try against the strongest possible field but that's not the New York metropolitan area.  When are people going to wake up and realize that she's 16 years old and she is still under her parents' control and the family has to do what Nike says - period.  They put up the money to get the maximum publicity/exposure - it's that simple.  

Let's get serious. If you held a tournament open to every 16 and under golfer, boys and girls, all expenses paid - is there anyone who would be willing to put up their cash to bet Wie against the field?

TEPaul

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »
rgkeller;

This only goes to show that Wie made a real scheduling mistake by coming east to try to qualify.

Michelle has been whupping Tadd F's skinny little ass his entire life. If Tadd really wants to thank someone for making it possible for him to make the US Open by qualifying in Hawaii he should call up Michelle Wie and thank her.  ;)

About six months ago Michelle at about 6' 1'' stepped on Tadd (5' 1'') on a putting green and damn near broke his collar bone. She did say she was sorry for just not noticing him way down there.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 11:23:12 AM by TEPaul »

JESII

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 11:26:24 AM »
I would take Wie in head to head matches against every player in just about any field she'll play the rest of this year.

Here's a real bet though. Pick the top 10 women (other than MW) playing this week, I'll take Wie and you get each of them in a $100 bet head to head for the week. Any takers? RG, Bill V, Jerry K? Just $1,000 total.

TEPaul

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
Sully:

I like that. You've got moxie pal. That should flush out or shut up some of these male chauvinist piglets.

You want to take little Taddy Fujikawa on a $1,000 bet in a driving contest--best five out of ten against Michelle Wie? That is providing she doesn't step on him again by mistake and break his skinny little ass.  ;)

JESII

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 01:53:11 PM »
Taddy!!!

Break his skinny little ass!!!

Perfect, I love it.

Jim Nugent

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 08:35:50 AM »
Sully:

I like that. You've got moxie pal. That should flush out or shut up some of these male chauvinist piglets.

It will do neither.  

rgkeller

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:07:32 AM »
rgkeller;

This only goes to show that Wie made a real scheduling mistake by coming east to try to qualify.

Michelle has been whupping Tadd F's skinny little ass his entire life. If Tadd really wants to thank someone for making it possible for him to make the US Open by qualifying in Hawaii he should call up Michelle Wie and thank her.  ;)

About six months ago Michelle at about 6' 1'' stepped on Tadd (5' 1'') on a putting green and damn near broke his collar bone. She did say she was sorry for just not noticing him way down there.

Well, Tadd is only fifteen years old.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 09:54:41 AM »
Even though Tadd is 5'1" and after reading this article, I think he could do damage to MW:

http://tinyurl.com/f8pug

www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060608/SPORTS09/606080330/1032/SPORTS

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 09:56:34 AM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

rgkeller

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »
Even though Tadd is 5'1" and after reading this article, I think he could do damage to MW:

http://tinyurl.com/f8pug

www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060608/SPORTS09/606080330/1032/SPORTS

Wiemoids are all over, including the Honolulu newspaper.

From the link.

>>Fujikawa is well aware that he got the opportunity to play for the lone Hawai'i sectional spot to the U.S. Open because Wie, the medalist in the O'ahu local qualifying in which he finished third, went to the New Jersey sectional instead of Po'ipu Bay.<<

JESII

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 10:28:16 AM »
Why would he have even considered playing if qualifying was only in his wildest dreams?

Kenny Lee Puckett

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 09:06:00 PM »
1 slot for 10 players in Hawaii and a 12 hour set of flights

vs.

18 slots for 140+ players at Canoe brook and two hour drive to the LPGA.

Congrats to 16 year olds everywhere!

Honestly people.  Go look for grassy knolls at Winged Foot...

JWK

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back