News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us.

Tony_Chapman

Superintendent's Role and Fun?
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:03:41 PM »
What can a superintendent do at a golf course, besides firm and fast playing characteristics, to make a golf course more fun to play?

I ask this because I toured my "old" home course with my dad yesterday and mentioned a few things. I wonder if any of them have merit? We talked about varying mowing patterns around the greens (more fairway, etc.) and a few other things.

I'm curious to know what things would get mentioned on this board. Thanks!

JESII

Re:Superintendent's Role and Fun?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 03:15:55 PM »
Limbing up trees and clearing underbrush.

Total tree clearing may not be the Super's call, but cleaning up and around certainly adds to the visual and playing experience for me.

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 03:19:27 PM »
 Putting in hand sprinklers . What a simple idea to keep the big system quiet while being able to water selectively in sensitive areas.
AKA Mayday

Joe Hancock

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 03:20:21 PM »
Taking a few chances with pin positions near edges always makes things more fun.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kyle Harris

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 03:22:01 PM »
Course setup was going to be my contribution.

Moving tees to new spots and all. Maybe even building a new tee or two.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back