News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Neff

TPC at Sawgrass progress!
« on: May 27, 2006, 05:16:26 PM »
Hello everyone!
I haven't heard any chatter at about TPC since they started renovating! I had the opportunity today to drive around with Fred Klauk(Superintendent) and was completely amazed at the progress of the work. You can see pictures of the project on Maccurrach Golf Construction web page.
So far here is the progress.
1.All greens have been completely rebuilt and the front nine greens are grassed.
2.Subair drainage has been installed to 1-15 greens and 16-18 will be completed this week.
3.#1,2,4,5,9 fairways were completed last year and the professionals that live in town practice on #9 fairway.
4.The rest of the fairways have been completely cored and #7 has been grassed.
5.The bulkhead work throughout the golf course is tremendous. They are working on #17 tee right now and moving right along.
6.The Practice Facility is demolished they have started building on the new Golf Acadamy area.
7.The clubhouse work is really amazing. Looks like they have a great start and the basement/foundation level has been completed.
Overall the project is pretty much on schedule and everybody happy. The Jacksonville area is in a 6" drought and hopefully the rain gods stay away for them and not for the rest of us. Just wanted to give everyone a little info but Maccurrach Golf Construction web page has some great pics. Talk to later.

Chris Neff,GCS
Timuquana CC  

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:TPC at Sawgrass progress!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 05:25:35 PM »
Chris,
Your right, no one has said anything about this and shame on us, but I have seen the work as Geoff Shackelford posted the link on his site. Interesting stuff on the Sub Air system.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 05:30:10 PM »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

peter_p

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 06:29:45 PM »
Thanks for the update. I posted May 18th, 0 comments, 75 views, linking to Geoff's pictures. Thread being deleted.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back