News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

New, Personal course in Old Westbury, NY?
« on: November 05, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
I was on Google earth looking at several aerials and came across what appears to be a personal golf course. It is located just south of the New York Institute of Technology, and east of Old Westbury CC.  It is located on the corner of Wheatly and Whitney Ln. I am only able to view the finished property on Google Earth. Both maps.live.com and maps.google.com only show construction aerials. The aerial was taken the end of September. Does anyone have any information? Looks like a neat little course!
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

astavrides

Re: New, Personal course in Old Westbury, NY?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 10:44:39 AM »
How many holes?   Is it manicured?

Steve Lapper

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »
It belongs to Steven Schonfeld. Steve built the Schonfeld Group, a privately-held securities trading and investment firm. Steve is a good guy who loves golf and commissioned Rees to build him a nine hole track on his estate. Although Steve belongs to several nearby clubs, he wanted a place to practice and play with his friends whenever he choose.

Also, Steve has a rule that no one may play the course unless he's on the property. I'm told a few friends bought him an XL Green Jacket and bucket hat! ;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:51:29 AM by Steve Lapper »
The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."--John Kenneth Galbraith

PCCraig

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »
It belongs to Steven Schonfeld. Steve built the Schonfeld Group, a privately-held securities trading and investment firm. Steve is a good guy who loves golf and commissioned Rees to build him a nine hole track on his estate. Although Steve belongs to several nearby clubs, he wanted a place to practice and play with his friend whenever he choose.

Nice!
H.P.S.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back