News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jordan Wall

What will the Masters be like??
« on: March 09, 2006, 09:30:14 PM »
I would personally hate to see Augusta go to a US Open type course with ungodly-fast greens and tightness beyond belief, causing a lack of birdies and lots of bogeys.

Will that be what the course plays like this year with the added length and trees??

OR

Will we see maybe -8 or -9 win the tournament with lots of drama at the end and still some birdies with bogeys arousing with bad shots.....?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 10:45:34 PM by Jordan Wall »

Craig Sweet

Re:What will the Masters be like??
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:34:04 PM »
It'll be green with colorful highlights from the azalea and dogwood.

And Tiger will win.  ;D
LOCK HIM UP!!!

CHrisB

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 09:41:11 PM »
Here's hoping that this will be the year that the pre-tournament rains stay away and the course actually plays firm and fast...then we can get a fair assessment of the lengthening of the course. And I hope there's enough room from all those trees for recovery shots instead of pitch-outs.

There should be no such thing as a pitch-out at Augusta!

JSlonis

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »
Jordan,

The weather will dictate what type of event you'll see.  Hopefully, there will be a lack of rain, so the course will have some run to it.

It also depends on how the officials set up the course.  I believe they didn't max out the distance on Sunday's final round for the last couple of years, which lead to some great highlights and excitement...We'll see...

David_Tepper

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 09:42:47 PM »
We have yet to see a Masters week of dry, windy weather since the course has been appreciably lengthen/altered over the past 2 or 3 years. The "new" course has yet to play firm & fast thru an entire tournament.  

My guess is that, if we get such a week, the scores will be a LOT higher than we have seen over the past several years.

Scott Cannon

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 04:17:46 PM »
anybody have a couch or floor to sleep on for Sat night?

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »
It will be great, it always is and there will be a million threads and a zillion posts about how the course has changed, and how 7 was the easiest hole and now it is #9 in difficulty, etc ;D

and that Fazio ruined the course and that only Tigeress guys can win it, and none of the old guys came back cuz they didn't want to be embarrassed and how Hootie wanted to throw Arnold and Jack out but his wife talked him out of it.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »
It will be, as always, sappy, flowery, manicured, but strangely attracting.

What's up with that?

Maybe it's spring?

:P

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 09:52:45 PM »
It is my understanding that in the past, David Graham has had some input into course set-up for the championship. I hear that he has been ill of late and may not be able to attend. Who is the sub?

Bob

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 10:12:03 PM »
It will be interesting unless Tiger has it won by the end of the third round.

Jordan's non- wish for a "US Open like" Masters will probably happen in his lifetime. Walter Driver and Fred Ridley aren't old enough yet to replace Hootie Johnson. ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 11:05:02 PM by Steve_ Shaffer »
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back