News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Topp

GCA Purists Visit the TPC at Sawgrass
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:28:22 PM »

Pete Buczkowski employs "strategy" at 5:

He is wearing the orange hat (and is not the Greg Raymer imitator)

What is the story with this tree in front of the tee on 6?  It is right about at the height of a well struck drive from the back tee.

The tree on 16.  If you are 100 yards away, it is not really a problem.  If you are closer, it is.  The tree works better in person than I thought it would.

Our tee shots on 17.  A bright spot on a course that is not kind to big hooks off the tee.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 12:24:13 AM by Jason Topp »

Pete Buczkowski

Re:GCA Purists Visit the TPC at Sawgrass
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 11:12:02 AM »
Thanks for posting Jason, that was a great day.  I noticed you conveniently forgot to mention that I made 4 from 10 yards left of that spot on #5 and took the hole from you...while you wimped out and hit your drive in the fairway.  Sucker!  ;D

I was startled by how narrow some of the fairways are, especially on the longer par 4s.  The par 4s seemed compulsory to me, while the par 3s and 5s required a lot of thought.  But even more surprising was the size of the greens.  For the most part they are quite small, a sharp contract to Southern Dunes, where we played the previous day.  

And whoever says driving is easy nowadays, plays too much golf.  I didn't hit a single fairway all day.  I thought those beers would straighten me out, but unfortunately it did not.  ;)  I look forward to playing there again when my game is in better shape.  Great fun!

Andy Troeger

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 01:37:34 PM »

And whoever says driving is easy nowadays, plays too much golf.  I didn't hit a single fairway all day.  I thought those beers would straighten me out, but unfortunately it did not.  ;)  I look forward to playing there again when my game is in better shape.  Great fun!

Pete,
I'm jealous, one of these days I am going to have to make it down to Sawgrass. And you're VERY right, driving is NOT easy! I can't hit fairways to save my life with all this wonderful technology!  :o ::)

Jason Topp

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2006, 12:04:29 AM »
I'm mainly working on my digital photo skills.

16 looking back:

4 Tee:

5 Approach

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back