News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bob_Huntley

Re:Patrick Mucci the Champion!
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »
Following on from Gib's message, I had the pleasure of playing with John Bernhardt at MPCC on Friday and Saturday and I must say he is hitting the snot out of it.  We had another friend in our foursome who is seriously ill, after the round he had an appointment at the local hospital for a three hour plasma exchange, his eighth in the past fourteen days.  

Playing golf with men who have faced cancer and what our friend is facing, a year to live, makes me feel somewhat shallow for getting upset at yet another three putt. Like Pat, they are an inspiration.

By the way if Bernhardt comes your way, remember this, on the first tee he thought he was a nine, after a couple of holes he sidled up to me and whispered, "Better make me a six."  Now whether it was because he thought we were easy pickings or a guilty conscience, I know not, but the Tiger is back.

Neil Regan

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 02:37:15 AM »
Pat,

Thank you for your fearless hope.

And, this being that time of year,
   may God bless us all, everyone.

Grass speed  <>  Green Speed

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 08:16:39 AM »
I have been away from the Internet since last Tuesday, and just saw this thread this morning.  Congratulations, Patrick, on your renewed life!  Winning a championship is always a sweet moment, but I would imagine that it is vastly moreso when circumstances like all the ones you have seen recently combine.  You're a good steward of the game, and I glad that was rewarded.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Gene Greco

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 10:59:33 AM »
Patrick:

What a remarkable achievement on such a grand stage.

I'm sure Christian joins me in wishing you congratulations for reaching your summit.

Gene    
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 11:00:38 AM »
OK, someone needs to be the curmudgeon in this love-fest.

Screw you Mucci - this whole "illness" thing is yet another sandbagging technique.  No man who can win events at Seminole could possibly whine and beg about handicap strokes the way we witnessed him do so at Sand Hills.

I have to compliment you on the lengths you'll go to win though.  Alluding to Mr. Benham's message, it too reminds me of last Saturday night's nailbiter over the mediocre Cardinal.

TH

ps - OK, I can't go through with it... it's just not in my nature.... WAY TO GO MISTER MUCCI!  You get full honorifics now, and should at all times really.  I guess all I can say re your "battle" is that I heard you had gone through it, but sure as hell couldn't tell getting my but whipped in golf by you.  Continued good health and golf success, my friend.

Dave_Miller

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2005, 01:21:27 PM »
I've been so fixated on eBay's Colt plan auction I forgot to post congratulations to our own Pat Mucci, the golf champion. Do you birds realize that Patrick and his partner won the big annual Seminole Better Ball Championship? We're talking a big time tournament here---huge, mammoth, even hegelian---against former US and British Amateur champions, Walker Cuppers, you name it.

Seminole blew and blew but Patrick The Magnificent stood his ground and gave it back to her in spades, birdieing ruthlessly on call.

So kiss his ring and congratulate our Patrick and his Supreme Championshipness!

I'm calling Seminole to find out whether they made him a member before he left the club and if they didn't I'm gonna tell them they're all a bunch of silly rabbits in that club. However, perhaps they were so preoccupied with helping him just find his way out the door they forgot.

Patrick:
What else can be said but congratulations :)
Best
Dave

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2005, 06:31:03 PM »

Screw you Mucci - this whole "illness" thing is yet another sandbagging technique.  No man who can win events at Seminole could possibly whine and beg about handicap strokes the way we witnessed him do so at Sand Hills.

You have me confused with Ran (the whiner) Morrissett, who begged for 12 shots from me after he had annihilated you the previous day.   Having the superior intellect, I consented to Ran's outrageous demands on the condition that he accept two additional bets where he would get 10 and 8 shots respectively.   Somehow, Ran can only remember the outcome of the 12 shot bet.  His "selective" memory is quite amazing.
[/color]

I have to compliment you on the lengths you'll go to win though.  Alluding to Mr. Benham's message, it too reminds me of last Saturday night's nailbiter over the mediocre Cardinal.
Just think, if Reggie Bush hadn't illegally aided and pushed Matt Lineart over the goal line USC and ND would have identical records with ND having won the head to head match.

What was the score of the USC vs Stanford game at the half ?
[/color]

I guess all I can say re your "battle" is that I heard you had gone through it, but sure as hell couldn't tell getting my but whipped in golf by you.

That was a terrific match, one I won't forget anytime soon, one I enjoyed being a part of.
The vowels against the Y's at a great venue.

Hopefully, we'll repeat our matches for the next 20 years, after that, Greco is on his own.
[/color]

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 06:36:31 PM »
Patrick:

Rueing uncalled penalties, and citations of halftime scores -  do I hear the the mating call of the loser-school?

;)

As for the rest, good call about Mr. Morrissett.  The word shameless comes to mind.  Of course that was also a great lesson in negotiation.  Fool me just made the one outrageous, how can he live with himself type of bet with said Ran, and paid the price.  The shrewder negotiator Mucci fared MUCH better agains the shameless one.

And yeah, Greco gets 20 years and that's it.

;D

« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:36:46 PM by Tom Huckaby »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back