News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Northern Spain
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:51:31 AM »
I may have some free time in mid-November in the area of Pamplona and/or San Sebastian.  Does anyone know anything about Real San Sebastian (1910, P Hirigoyen), Ulzama (1965, Arana), Castillo de Gorraiz (1993, Cabell Robinson)?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 04:51:47 AM by Mark_Rowlinson »

Bill_McBride

Re:Northern Spain
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 06:25:16 PM »
Watch out for those bulls in the streets, Mark!  :o :o

Paul_Turner

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »
Mark

Sorry no info on those courses.  But I'd love to read a report by you on Colt's Pedrena (Santander).  Which I'm sure you know, honed Seve's skills as a lad.  Probably about 50-100 miles though.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 08:20:34 PM by Paul_Turner »
can't get to heaven with a three chord song

Tony_Muldoon

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 10:23:07 AM »
Mark you will be right in Basque country and they are very proud of their golf courses and their golfers - for them Olazabal is the man (when asked they point out that Seve is not one of the chosen people). The Peugeot guide gives them respecitvely 14, 16 & 16 out of 20. all the 16's I've seen have been great courses.   No one in Biarritz i spoke to was that impressed by San Sebastian, except that's where a cetain God practices( I should say I was there during this years open and it wasn't Monty they were cheering on).  Biarritz is only 30 mins away.  

Phillip Gawith reccomended San Sebastian as an area for it's food (he's right) on a recent thread on other places to play in Europe.  He seems to be AWOL at the moment but he may know more.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 10:23:59 AM by Tony Muldoon »
Let's make GCA grate again!

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 02:00:59 PM »
Thanks for your views.  Unfortunately I'll not be close enough to Real Pedrena to visit it.  This is all a shot at potential free time between concerts - we have to travel as well, which may preclude any golfing ambitions.  But this is the way you occasionally have the chance to pick up out-of-the-way courses.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back