News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

rjsimper

Matthew Dye?
« on: October 14, 2005, 04:26:43 PM »
http://www.doslagosgolf.com/page/271-11674.htm

Yet another inland empire project in So. Cal.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 04:27:09 PM by Ryan Simper »

Mike Nuzzo

Re:Matthew Dye?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 05:38:50 PM »
It looks like a Dye routing...

I very much like the total yardage - 6500 par 70.
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Sébastien Dhaussy

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 05:18:23 AM »
From the site :

"The designer of Dos Lagos Golf Club is Matt E. Dye, considered to be a leading member of the new generation of American golf course designers, and a third generation member of one of the best known families of golf designers in the world.  Matt, his sister, his brother, and two cousins, follow in the family tradition established by their grandfather Paul, Matt’s late father Roy, and his legendary uncle, Pete Dye.  Matt Dye has also designed the following courses; Carrington Club in New Zealand, Paiute Golf Resort in Las Vegas, and two courses in Utah; The Promontory Golf Club and Sleep Ridge Golf Club."
"It's for everyone to choose his own path to glory - or perdition" Ben CRENSHAW

Mark_Guiniven

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 11:54:09 PM »
Carrington is in Northland, not far from Kauri Cliffs. It's like a poor man's Kauri. Originally Jeff Asche designed it, but it had some playabilty issues and wasn't very popular, so the guy brought in Matt Dye to fix it.

GregRamsay

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 07:39:52 AM »
Mark, the Carrington Club has always intrigued me, what was the business model?  Where did the money come from?  Who is Jeff Asche?  What is the course like?  Some of the pics i've seen suggest it is on a wonderful, but challenging site.  Have you played it?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back