News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Josh Wheeler

Scioto
« on: August 25, 2005, 10:34:03 PM »
I got to play Muirfield Village last summer, and will be going to play Scioto, this year.

Just want some of your guy's opinion on which one is better. And pictures if anyone has any!!

BTW, I'm new to the board, and excited to be here!!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 10:34:23 PM by Josh Wheeler »

PThomas

Re:Scioto
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 10:52:46 PM »
welcome Josh!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 11:28:05 PM »
Welcome Josh:

I bet no one will answer your question. It's like asking which is better, Shinnecock or National

Cary
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Lou_Duran

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 09:40:42 AM »
Not a hard one for me to answer at all.  MV by a full notch.  Scioto is wonderful, but changed quite a bit through time and not always cohesively.  The Golf Club merits a close view up there, particularly if an active golfer is looking for a home club.

Chris_Clouser

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 10:52:47 AM »
I was able to play both of these while in college due to some connections.  Muirfield Village was a far superior course in my mind.  Scioto was a very nice course, but seemed to have several ordinary elements to it.  I think it gets overhyped because of Nicklaus and the Ross names attached to it.  If you take those away and just look at the course I think it probably is just another very nice course.  I thought Inverness and Canterbury were far better when I got to see those in college as well and touring the state of Ohio.

Unfortunately, I have not seen the Golf Club.

jg7236

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 01:32:03 PM »
Which ever one you shoot a better round on.

Flip a coin, both are great courses.  I have played them both many times since I am from southern Ohio.  

Scioto-Old money with a lot of history.

Muirfield Village-New money/Memorial Tournament/Jack

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back