News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

TEPaul

A novel restoration idea?!
« on: June 11, 2005, 07:41:33 AM »
If you haven't noticed on a couple of recent threads there's some fantastic research debates that are going on involving Donald Ross and in one case a Ross restoration of a golf course that may not have even been a Ross course (except for perhaps a couple of remodeled greens and a tee addition).

What a novel idea!

We all realize there are a lot of bland and screwed up old golf courses out there. Just think about the idea of restoring them to Ross or Flynn or Mackenzie or Maxwell courses! The fact that they never were courses designed by any of those architects shouldn't really matter if the net effect is to make those old architecturally unattributable bland old dogs way better than they've ever been before.  ;)

What a great idea! I think it's great that we may potentially be able to add a ton of courses to some of the best old architects career inventories over a half century after they all croaked!  

I have no idea why Flynn wanted to be such a low production architect compared to say Donald Ross, but now it's possible to perhaps double his career inventory 55 years after he died. :)

I love this website!

I also suggest that if a guy like Tom MacWood wants to get in here and spoil all this fun by proving rumors to be untrue and destroying all this mythology and potential mythology we all ought to hie on out to his Ivory Tower in Ohio and lynch the god-damned iconoclast!   :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back