News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ran Morrissett

Feature Interview with Mark Love is posted
« on: October 31, 2004, 08:33:59 PM »
I have never played a Love Design course but I do know 6-8 people (all of whom post on this site) that have played the four courses at Barefoot Resort outside of Myrtle Beach and to a person, they prefer the Love course.

And given the big names of the other three designers, something tells me that Love Design may not have had the first pick of the property either. Thus, relative to the Dye, Fazio, and Norman organizations, it certainly sounds like Love Design did the best job on this particular project. Do people agree? What about there other work - who has seen what?

Everyone in the state of North Carolina that I've spoken with says that Forest Oaks CC in Greensboro is much better after the work carried out by Love Design at this PGA Tour stop. Also, I have never understood why more architects don't from time to time build a green (or greens) with vaguely similar playing characteristics to the ones at Pinehurst No. 2 and if you go this month's Feature Interview with Mark Love (Davis Love III responds to several of the questions as well) , you will in fact see just such a one at a new course of theirs outside Greenville, South Carolina.

After reading the Feature Interview , I am left with the impression that they 1) do quality design work in part by taking the time in the field to get it right and 2) their work resists being stereotyped. What more can you ask for from an architect??

Cheers,

A_Clay_Man

Re:Feature Interview with Mark Love is posted
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2004, 10:09:41 AM »
Nice one Ran!

Honest and informative. Seems like a great foundation for many future successful projects.

Wish all you gentleman well, and hopefully you can expand your reach to other regions.

Is that a goal?

J_McKenzie

Re:Feature Interview with Mark Love is posted
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 10:06:43 AM »
Adam,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Fortunately, things have been fairly busy around here lately.

Yes, we would like to expand into other golf markets or regions.  It's nice to be able to work close to home, but long-term I believe it would be to our advantage as a company to have a broader exposure.  Not to mention that our design team would enjoy the challenge of designing in different environments.  We have just completed a nine-hole course near Truckee, Ca. (actually in Verdi, Ca.) that should open next summer and we have a couple of other projects out west and in the northeast that are in the planning stages.

Thanks for the comments.

John

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back