News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Nick Pozaric

Olde Stone in Bowling Green KY
« on: November 15, 2004, 07:30:59 PM »
I know noone on here has heard of this course let alone Bowling Green, KY.  Check out the website and click on the link for the construction gallery.  What are everyones thoughts?

Nick Pozaric

Re:Olde Stone in Bowling Green KY
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 07:38:10 PM »

Dale_McCallon

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 07:52:41 PM »
What do you mean no one has ever heard of Bowling Green?  It is the home of the Hilltoppers (the big red blob of a mascot in the all of the ESPN commercials for those who may not be as well informed).

Hope the course is good--I really can't think of anything that is really special in that area.  I liked Arthur Hills quote that this is one of best sites he ever got to work on.  Oh well, hopefully the houses will not overtake the course and the people of BG will have a nice place to play.  I can't make much out of the photos though.

Larry_Rodgers

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 06:06:13 AM »
The owner/developer is one of the finest people I have ever worked with. He is developing the course to give the Bowling Green area an outstanding golf course community. Art Hills and Drew Rogers have worked their majic on the routing to make it blend into the rolling hills. Construction is where this one shines, sand capped fairways for the bentgrass, sodded rough, Sub aire and fans for the greens with potential air circulation issues and a very site specific irrigation system.

Rain is slowing the lower holes 5-7 construction and planting. Curtis James, the Supt has the balance of the holes looking great.

Should be ready for all 18 holes late summer 2005 and should be put on your schedule for Fall 2005.

I can not say enough great things for and about Mr Jim Scott who is building this for the Bowling Green community that has given him so much. I wish more of my clients approached their projects with his passion.

Nick Pozaric

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 04:33:58 PM »
Any worries with the flood plain on holes 2-7.  The pics look amazing!  How many of the holes have the sub-aire system?

rgkeller

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 07:37:30 PM »
And a very "olde" stone it must be.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back